Herbie Logo Changed

Mavric

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

Kinda corny, no pun intended. Too cartoony for my taste or sportswear.

Bah. It's from the time where cartoony logos were often used, and "old school" logos are quite popular right now, so it'd be an odd time to do away with it. What else are you going to do with a nickname like "Cornhuskers"?

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Bah. It's from the time where cartoony logos were often used, and "old school" logos are quite popular right now, so it'd be an odd time to do away with it. What else are you going to do with a nickname like "Cornhuskers"?

is that a Trojan Horse in your profile picture that was painted to resemble a pinata? VERY clever

12 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

beats Bugeaters.    In that case, I guess Herbie would have grasshoppers hanging out of his mouth. 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

is that a Trojan Horse in your profile picture that was painted to resemble a pinata? VERY clever

It's a Swedish Dala Horse, you uncultured swine!

Just now, TGHusker said:

beats Bugeaters.    In that case, I guess Herbie would have grasshoppers hanging out of his mouth. 

I'd buy that t-shirt.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'd be cool if they went all the way over the top and made our mascot a badass ear of corn. 

It's hard to put my finger on it, but Herbie just feels like a product of 1983, and much like Bonnie Tyler's 1983 hit "Total Eclipse of the Heart" I just don't feel like putting it on. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I get it. Out of curiosity, what's some CFB logos that you do like? Out on the cartoonist/mascot style altogether?

I like our old Coliseum logo, obviously. I can't think of any mascots I really like off the top of my head. Not really any cartoony ones.