Herbie Logo Changed

Mavric

A lot of people seem to be ignorant of the fact that symbols can change meanings. Symbols can be (mis)appropriated and it is THEY (the misappropriators) that should be blamed/condemned for what they have done. You probably get that, in the case of the swastika which, in the West, was long a Symbol of good luck UNTIL it became the BRAND of the Nazi party (and now the neo-Nazis). Similarly, if a hand gesture has been appropriated to invoke a new & offensive meaning in society then the rage/blame should go to those that sullied the symbol - not those who recognize (& wish to disassociate themselves from) the offensive connotation. Politics should have nothing to do with it, but people are being conditioned to see everything through that binary lens.
(It  cracks me up to see anti-vaxxers as one exception to that “rule” - now coming from extremes on BOTH conservative & liberal sides of the spectrum.)

The problem I've always had with Herbie (both cartoon logo and costume mascot) is that he doesn't look tough. At least give him some muscles or something. As Guy mentioned the Notre Dame leprechaun, at least he's trying to fight. Herbie just looks like a chunky guy who's proud of the deal he got at Tractor Supply

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, GSG said:

The problem I've always had with Herbie (both cartoon logo and costume mascot) is that he doesn't look tough. At least give him some muscles or something. As Guy mentioned the Notre Dame leprechaun, at least he's trying to fight. Herbie just looks like a chunky guy who's proud of the deal he got at Tractor Supply

poop-turd.gif

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, GSG said:

I'm gonna push back on this and say that there are very few people that are stronger than a giant Farmer Dad. 

• Haha 1