Herbie Logo Changed

Mavric

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That outrage has moved on to the NU mens and womens basketball teams wearing uniforms to honor Black History Month. 

I equate this to people being fatigued by the overly patriotic. Personally, I get tired of hearing about both (how patriotic you are, and the race). Having said that, I don't care what jerseys the team wear.

13 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I equate this to people being fatigued by the overly patriotic. Personally, I get tired of hearing about both (how patriotic you are, and the race). Having said that, I don't care what jerseys the team wear.

I don't have a big issue with the uniforms worn by NU's teams, and I am a uniform dork.  I know that there are going to be "special" uniforms put out by Adidas every year.  Sometimes they are cool, and sometimes they are lame.  Yes, you could say that the football uniforms worn to tribute the military are just as silly as the basketball uniforms done as a Black History Tribute.  The issue for some people is that they applaud the Athletic Department for wearing uniforms which salute the military, but criticize the uniforms which are done as a salute to Black History Month.  That's classic hypocrisy.