*** NFL 2022 ***

suh_fan93

Michael Bruntz replied "Bring back Tebow" to a Tweet of Wilson throwing (another) interception.  Which go me thinking:

Career as a Bronco:

Tebow:

167/353, 47.3%, 2,383 yards, 6.75 ypa, 17 TDs, 9 INTs

165 attempts, 887 yards, 5.37 ypa, 12 TDs

8-6 record

Wilson:

253/421, 60.%, 3,019 yards, 7.2 ypa, 12 TDs, 9 INTs

43 attempts, 232 yards, 5.4 ypa, 1 TD

4-11 record

Eh .... I'd probably give the edge to Tebow on more scoring production and wins.

• Plus1 1

@Mavric I feel your pain and disappointment.  Russ is a hall-of-famer and I hope for you and Bronco nation that he will get it together next year.  It's just so incredible how awfully awful he's been.  But I also always thought Seattle was the perfect storm (or fit) for him.

But also, that 2011 season was one of my favorite moments watching Tebow suck for 3 quarters, missing passes, staring down wide open receivers, fumbling, etc....  and then magically he found a way to (will) wins late in 4th quarter or OT.  I mean, it was so nuts and incredible at the same time. :worship

(oops! sorry you have to click "watch on YouTube" link

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Derek Carr "league leading 14 interceptions" after he just threw 3 picks... 

Yeah well we all know the Raiders have wanted him gone for years and years.  But to say "league leading 14 interceptions" as the reason??!  <_<

Eli Manning (32 yrs old) threw 27 interceptions

Drew Brees and Tony Romo threw 19 interceptions

Eli Manning (25 picks) & Drew Brees threw 22

Jay Cutler threw 26 :(

Brett Favre threw 29 interceptions (22 or more 5 times in his career)

Etc, Etc...

I wish the Raiders had a legit excuse to move on from Carr, or had some guts, but it's not his fault if his stats are actually kinda OK - some years pretty good-  at the end of the day.  

IMHO - since they been wanting to replace him for years, they should have had someone pretty good from the draft the last 2 or 5 years.... 

I think it's pretty terrible how the Raiders are handling the Carr situation, but what can be expected out of McDaniels? I think it will be very interesting to see if Adams leaves like he said he would if Carr is gone. Messy situation, but seems to be pointing in the direction of Brady coming to Vegas. 

On 12/29/2022 at 7:15 AM, AZRaiderH8r said:

I think it's pretty terrible how the Raiders are handling the Carr situation, but what can be expected out of McDaniels? I think it will be very interesting to see if Adams leaves like he said he would if Carr is gone. Messy situation, but seems to be pointing in the direction of Brady coming to Vegas. 

Word is it's half financial: if Derek Carr is injured in the last two games, the Raiders are on the hook for 40+ million of his guaranteed contract. 

And he would be facing Nick Bosa this weekend. The Chiefs to finish the season. Raiders aren't winning either of those games. 

Not saying they've handled it well — Mark Davis generally doesn't do that — but I get the desire to move on from Carr. And for Carr to have a shot with a better run team.