Gotta hand it Frost (and the new hires)

24 minutes ago, Toe said:

This thread keeps putting a nagging voice of doubt in my head.

It keeps making me think back on what I was thinking ahead of the 2017 season. On paper, it looked like Riley had made the moves he needed to take a step forward. He'd hired a new big name DC, and he'd finally have his guy at QB. I was never a Riley fan, but I was feeling cautiously optimistic at that point.

We all know how that turned out...

Well that put big ole damper on things. :lol:

But you’re right. Anybody chugging the Kool-Aid before they actually see improvements on the field is just begging to be disappointed.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Toe said:

This thread keeps putting a nagging voice of doubt in my head.

It keeps making me think back on what I was thinking ahead of the 2017 season. On paper, it looked like Riley had made the moves he needed to take a step forward. He'd hired a new big name DC, and he'd finally have his guy at QB. I was never a Riley fan, but I was feeling cautiously optimistic at that point.

We all know how that turned out...

Who was the big name Riley hired?

Just now, TheSker said:

Diaco wasn't a Riley hire.

Big name is up for debate.

He does have a Broyles award. He was coming off a terrible stint at UConn which in hindsight was a red flag, and obviously everything he has done since has been pretty bad. But his resume at the time was great for a DC, lots of guys are good coordinators and bad HCs and he seemed like one of them.  I do think this situation is different, everything about the program was toxic when Diaco was hired.

1 minute ago, GSG said:

A lot of people say the Diaco hire was forced onto Riley by the higher ups. 

• Plus1 3

As others have posted; OL/DL are concerns since we don’t have replacements for jurgens and Daniels clearly lined out. Feels like we got weaker in those areas. 

Wish Martinez the best at KSU but I’m personally glad he is gone. That ship had run its course. 

Bowl game is a must. Just cant see anything outside of that being acceptable. 

• Plus1 1
On 2/3/2022 at 1:36 PM, BigRedN said:

Sure, but don't you think it  would be "fair" to mention his hand issue amidst it all ... or do you report for CNN?  That thought, "statistics don't lie ... people do", seems to apply here.  Within your opinion doesn't seem to be fairness, that is, if one is truly wanting to offer "perspective".  

And I noticed you didn’t mention the ankle and broken jaw injuries our quarterback had. 

9 hours ago, Cigarman said:

And I noticed you didn’t mention the ankle and broken jaw injuries our quarterback had. 

Um, AM was my guy for 3-4 years.  He then moved on.  None of that was in my control.  He did his best, both within his own health and also under the poor coaching and dismal OL.

It's too bad that rather than accept/acknowledge the point and try to cast it back onto me.  I get your spirit however.  Noted.

All the best to you in your view and choice of how to look at next QB.