Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

I haven’t heard anything from Raiola yet but Frost has offered several positive comments about the O line making some progress.  He has suggested they feel they have more depth there.  That is a bit of a surprise but maybe some of the unheralded guys are better than we know.  Sometimes the walkons become good players.  They have been working in the background awhile.  And different blocking techniques and overall philosophy can make a big difference.  

On the other hand, we did have some D line losses so maybe the O line looks better in part because the defensive front is not as capable?   Still, I read Frost’s demeanor as quite positive generally. I will remain hopeful until after we see a couple games this fall.   Got to - I need to feel more optimistic. All the changes will surely help. 

31 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Kevin Williams has been a pleasant surprise on the OL.  Played himself into the mix for a starting spot.  Playing better than Hunter Anthony right now is the story.

Do you know if they are trying Nouili at center or who is the frontrunner there?

Considering the extra efforts taken by the coaches to minimize risk of injuries, we seeM to get some bad knee injuries during off season drills etc.  more than those during the season / games etc.  Is it the drills, lifting, lack of proper, supervised stretching etc?   Are they pushing too much weigh gain too fast?   I know injuries happen but geesh - we get them when one would least expect. Dang.  It’s too bad.  He could be a med hardship deal if it is a bad one to same knee.  

Well, probably not going to be a legend here now.  Tough to recover historically from the same injury.  Time to get the next TE and over recruit him.  If he comes back then great.  It's too bad though.  We never had a solid chance with Helms or Riley but lumming larger now for sure.