Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

18 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

He does have 6 months. Maybe it’s not a real bad deal and he can get rehabbed by the fall ?

Perhaps.  My guess is though that knees are different than collar bones.  My collar bone grew back stronger than ever.  My perception is that needs are much different.  It will be interesting if they discover any issues.  My initial [perhaps uneducated] thought is that his knee actually needed more time for various ligaments, vessels, muscle and bone to be more fully healed.  In that sense, or if that is true, he might be served best to get 3-4 more additional months after they believe he is well.  My guess is that others see of have this thought.   

10 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Perhaps.  My guess is though that knees are different than collar bones.  My collar bone grew back stronger than ever.  My perception is that needs are much different.  It will be interesting if they discover any issues.  My initial [perhaps uneducated] thought is that his knee actually needed more time for various ligaments, vessels, muscle and bone to be more fully healed.  In that sense, or if that is true, he might be served best to get 3-4 more additional months after they believe he is well.  My guess is that others see of have this thought.   

Didn’t he play in a few snaps near end of last season 4 months ago?   I believe it had been a year since the first time.  I’ve read that the surgery methods etc are ‘better’ and healing etc is much quicker than decades ago.  Again, it could be a tear or a strain or a twist or ??

31 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Didn’t he play in a few snaps near end of last season 4 months ago?   I believe it had been a year since the first time.  I’ve read that the surgery methods etc are ‘better’ and healing etc is much quicker than decades ago.  Again, it could be a tear or a strain or a twist or ??

Ya, I think we are seeing it the same way.  As a runner myself, I've had various injuries in marathon training.  For me, I've now learned the hard way about the time that I need to recover from various strains [even without a knee issue].  So, with all the left to right and stop and go of a football player, I imagine that all that movement might take more time or various folks based on their structure.  So, if I were him and the coaches, this time, I would double the recovery time and just make sure.  I would think that at this point he can be hopeful for a couple of productive years ... after he gets fully healthy.

As you said, it's finding out next if it is a tear, strain or twist.  Injuries suck.  Hopefully, he is strong in his mental aspects.  I once was but have now lost that.  Now, when I'm injured I seem to have weak spots and even "phantom" thoughts or injuries.  I hate it about my mind but even with renewing my mind I still can almost be "self-inflicting".

Thankfully, Fidone is a stud athlete with a great mind I'm sure.  His update is anticipated for sure.

• Plus1 1

I got my Spring Game tickets. I usually don’t care for the Spring Game but I’m kinda excited about seeing this new Texas QB who looked like he could go straight pro before he injured his hand.

The other thing I’m interested in is the fifty running back recruits. I don’t think we’ll see the full picture with them until we see the special teams actually going against somebody….many of them look like they were recruited for that purpose. 
Okay, that’s all I got.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, admo said:

Vokolek, Hickman, Brewington, AJ Rollins, C Androff..  Fidone would have been great addition, but we might be good enough here.  Obviously a drop off without Allen, but not too bad.

Vokolek has proven to be fine.  Everyone else you listed is a big question mark.

Hickman has done nothing in 3 years and bounced around between WR and TE.  Has Brewington done anything besides being a kick out blocker on the goal line package?  Rollins is a RSFr who hasn't seen the field.  Androff is a true FR who basically was an extra OT for his HS team.

If Fidone really is done for the year then we need to be looking for a portal TE.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1