When will Nebraska finally make THE BIG CHANGE?

unl7fan

6 minutes ago, default_28 said:

Oregon's class ranked 25. If the best players want to go to a Nike school as you say, then they should have the best class every year. I think kids want to go to winning schools. If the Huskers win, they could wear Reebok and kids would still come to play.

I’m just going to let you look at the charts and think about why you had Oregon as the only Nike school in your example… Oregon should somehow be ranked above all the rest of Nike schools? Why’s this?

Just now, unl7fan said:

I’m just going to let you look at the charts and think about why you had Oregon as the only Nike school in your example… Oregon should somehow be ranked above all the rest of Nike schools? Why’s this?

Because they are Nike University. They get focus, and almost flagship status. If kids care so much about being at a Nike school, they should be top five every year. That's the point I'm making. We would be a tier 2 or 3 school in Nike's portfolio, we're tier 1 for Adidas. It's not a bad deal for now.

• Plus1 2

I don’t want any player who would select a school based on the uniforms or who provides them. JFC, is this really a consideration?

Having said that, imo, Adidas has some of the worst designs and fan apparel options. Nike would be better for the fans I think. But I really dgaf.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t want any player who would select a school based on the uniforms or who provides them. JFC, is this really a consideration?

Having said that, imo, Adidas has some of the worst designs and fan apparel options. Nike would be better for the fans I think. But I really dgaf.

I moved out West, and can tell you it’s a different culture when you get outside the middle of the country. These kids wouldn’t look once at an Adidas school, when all the gear they would receive from the School, doesn’t match their shoes.

• Haha 6

I am at a HS that is switching from Adidas to Nike.  I am pissed.  Out AD was a D-1 coach for a while.  He made signed with Adidas when he got here, because Nike quality is crap.  My track kids right away said the Adidas shoes were higher quality and they last longer.  Nike quality is determined on if an 8 year old in China or Vietnam is having a bad day or not.  There are ton of reasons I don't like Nike.  But at the end of the day, the quality of their product in my experience for the everyday athlete has been poor.

Done with rant

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, unl7fan said:

I moved out West, and can tell you it’s a different culture when you get outside the middle of the country. These kids wouldn’t look once at an Adidas school, when all the gear they would receive from the School, doesn’t match their shoes.

Kids and schools out west are soft.  Maybe you are on to something.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We'd win more games if we ditched Pepsi and served Coke like the good old days.

Um...campus was Pepsi exclusive during our run of National Championships in 1994, 1995, and 1997 IIRC...so I'm not sure what good old days you're referring to. 

I'm pretty sure when people mention the good old days around here, they're talking 1990s. 

• Plus1 2