When will Nebraska finally make THE BIG CHANGE?

unl7fan

1 hour ago, default_28 said:

No, I just look when I go to stores. Hy-vee carries six or seven brands in glass bottles. I got some in growler from some place in Columbus that makes their own. Menard's of all places has a couple varieties. There is a store in Sandy, UT that just sells Root Beer and they ship.

https://therootbeerstore.com

Was the place in Columbus called Drifters? I believe they brew their own root beer in addition to regular beers.

As a side note, my buddy that I brew with did a batch of root beer. It was nasty.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Was the place in Columbus called Drifters? I believe they brew their own root beer in addition to regular beers.

As a side note, my buddy that I brew with did a batch of root beer. It was nasty.

It was from a place called Gottberg. They did have a restaurant called Dusters, but I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking. I don't live in the state anymore so I'm not super familiar with if it's well known or not.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Um...campus was Pepsi exclusive during our run of National Championships in 1994, 1995, and 1997 IIRC...so I'm not sure what good old days you're referring to. 

I'm pretty sure when people mention the good old days around here, they're talking 1990s. 

same for Omaha airport, last time i went through there you couldn't get a Coke to save one's life, only Pepsi.  Does Pepsi have a monopoly in eastern NE?

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

I have never gone by brand name. Always by fit, comfort and function. I have found Adidas fits my feet better than any other brand. I also haven't bought any apparel for the purpose of displaying a "brand" in 30 years. 

Exactly how I am...been known to sport Addidas shoes, Eddie Bauer sweats and a Nike sweatshirt..I am me

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, default_28 said:

It was from a place called Gottberg. They did have a restaurant called Dusters, but I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking. I don't live in the state anymore so I'm not super familiar with if it's well known or not.

Yes, I meant to say Dusters. I believe Dusters and Gottberg brewery are the same location and run by the same people. I’m a little rusty, haven’t lived in Columbus since 81 and Dusters/Gottberg came many many years later.

51 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

did you guys know that Adidas was started by Adolf (Adi) Dassler with his brother Rudolf?  Then they had a falling out and Rudolf started Puma.  I think a few years back Adidas bought Puma.  if that is true Nebraska should rock some Adidas and Puma combos.  

You are correct about the Dassler brothers, but Adidas does not currently own Puma. They are still separate companies with global HQ in Germany.

Adidas did own the Reebok brand for over a decade (purchased in 2006) and then sold it in 2021. Adidas also used to own the Taylor Made golf brand, before selling that in recent years.