When will Nebraska finally make THE BIG CHANGE?

unl7fan

7 hours ago, teachercd said:

Okay here I am...

Let me ask you this...what is the first R rated movie you remember seeing in a theater.  (Sits back to enjoy the posts)

1987 The Lost Boys, Less Than Zero, Full Metal Jacket, Robocop, Wall Street chuckleshuffle

But that same year I saw Purple Rain on Showtime one night and fell in love with that... lake scene....  Trading Places came on next and...... It was a great night

I still think RoboCop rules yo! :horns2

• Fire 1

Why would Nebraska one of the winningest programs and biggest fanbases in the country switch from Adidas where we are given tier 1 AAA status to go join the rest of the morons who are wearing cheap ugly Nike gear made by poor sweatshop workers? When no matter how big your fanbase is or how much you win and how many titles you have are always going to be second status to an Oregon program that has litterally never done a single legitimately impressive or noteworthy thing in the history of the sport.

Expecially when Nebraska has the best contract of anyone nationally not named Oregon. Based on the last articles I can find we have the 2nd best active Adidas contract behind Louisville and the 2nd best deal in the Big Ten behind Ohio States Nike deal. I dont know if those are current but I do know we're near the top of whatever the current numbers are. Because what Nebraska has that makes our deal better than any program in the entire country and why there's not a chance in hell we are walking away from it is that Nebraska has a favored nation's clause with Adidas. Noone else has one. Basically Nebraska can review the deal at certain points and if Adidas doesn't have Nebraska's deal in the same range as its other top deals Nebraska can give Adidas the opportunity to adjust Nebraska's deal to be in that range and they are legally required to make a good faith offer in that range. If they don't or Nebraska just doesn't like the deal Nebraska can simply terminate the deal. Meaning that while other schools are stuck in their contract no matter what deals are made after it is signed for the length of the deal, Nebraska is guaranteed to always be among the top few biggest deals. Guaranteed and this clause can't be revoked even under new contract language as long as Nebraska doesn't sign elsewhere.

Nebraska also serves host to the Adidas OL DL pipeline camp where Adidas brings in and hosts the top senior and juco players in the country in Lincoln for Nebraska to evaluate and basically get a free visit for a bunch of top linemen to come see campus, see the facilities and meet the coaches that doesn't count as their official visit to Nebraska.

There's no chance at all that Nebraska is giving that deal up. Likely ever. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
15 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Why would Nebraska one of the winningest programs and biggest fanbases in the country switch from Adidas where we are given tier 1 AAA status to go join the rest of the morons who are wearing cheap ugly Nike gear made by poor sweatshop workers? When no matter how big your fanbase is or how much you win and how many titles you have are always going to be second status to an Oregon program that has litterally never done a single legitimately impressive or noteworthy thing in the history of the sport.

Expecially when Nebraska has the best contract of anyone nationally not named Oregon. Based on the last articles I can find we have the 2nd best active Adidas contract behind Louisville and the 2nd best deal in the Big Ten behind Ohio States Nike deal. I dont know if those are current but I do know we're near the top of whatever the current numbers are. Because what Nebraska has that makes our deal better than any program in the entire country and why there's not a chance in hell we are walking away from it is that Nebraska has a favored nation's clause with Adidas. Noone else has one. Basically Nebraska can review the deal at certain points and if Adidas doesn't have Nebraska's deal in the same range as its other top deals Nebraska can give Adidas the opportunity to adjust Nebraska's deal to be in that range and they are legally required to make a good faith offer in that range. If they don't or Nebraska just doesn't like the deal Nebraska can simply terminate the deal. Meaning that while other schools are stuck in their contract no matter what deals are made after it is signed for the length of the deal, Nebraska is guaranteed to always be among the top few biggest deals. Guaranteed and this clause can't be revoked even under new contract language as long as Nebraska doesn't sign elsewhere.

Nebraska also serves host to the Adidas OL DL pipeline camp where Adidas brings in and hosts the top senior and juco players in the country in Lincoln for Nebraska to evaluate and basically get a free visit for a bunch of top linemen to come see campus, see the facilities and meet the coaches that doesn't count as their official visit to Nebraska.

There's no chance at all that Nebraska is giving that deal up. Likely ever. 

Well, we can probably lock this thread up forever after that post. 

• Plus1 1

I used to wear Nike a lot. But their stuff now is overpriced garbage mostly. They now rely on branding alone and the quality of the product has gone down. For shoes Adidas wins easily. I do wish Adidas made better apparel though. Under Armour wins there.  

But a kid should not base where he goes to school on the brand of gear. Seems wrong-sighted to me.  I do not like the Jordan brand on football stuff. I do know some who like it a lot but I can’t get over the you have a basketball logo on your football gear look, it just looks stupid IMO.  

• Plus1 2