When will Nebraska finally make THE BIG CHANGE?

unl7fan

11 minutes ago, default_28 said:

We could start an entire thread about this. I have done blind root beer taste tests with my family and friends a few times. I give them samples of 18-22 different brands of root beer and then everyone votes on their favorite. The interesting thing is that the national brands (a&w, Barq's,) always are near the bottom. Generic brands (Shasta or store brands) are middle of the pack and specialty or craft root beers come in at the top. Sprechers brand has won the most times.

Sprechers or IBC always for me. 

1 hour ago, default_28 said:

Because they are Nike University. They get focus, and almost flagship status. If kids care so much about being at a Nike school, they should be top five every year. That's the point I'm making. We would be a tier 2 or 3 school in Nike's portfolio, we're tier 1 for Adidas. It's not a bad deal for now.

They lost a bunch of kids because their coaches went to Miami.  They were Top 10 last year IIRC.  

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

Did you have to special order that many different brands?

No, I just look when I go to stores. Hy-vee carries six or seven brands in glass bottles. I got some in growler from some place in Columbus that makes their own. Menard's of all places has a couple varieties. There is a store in Sandy, UT that just sells Root Beer and they ship.

https://therootbeerstore.com

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jager said:

I agree with Crusader. Nike gear is of poor quality. I would much rather have Adidas or even UA.

Apparel is better for Nike, but cleats and stuff maybe not. Most of what they receive is clothing. I was mainly trying to say, “How are they going to match their clothes to their Jordan’s?” 

1 hour ago, default_28 said:

The team the just signed what some are calling the best class ever is an Adidas school. The problem is not Adidas it's lack of local talent and lack of wins. But, if it will give people one less thing to complain about I hope we switch.

A&M Has enough money to sway even Nike loyalists haha

1 hour ago, unl7fan said:

I moved out West, and can tell you it’s a different culture when you get outside the middle of the country. These kids wouldn’t look once at an Adidas school, when all the gear they would receive from the School, doesn’t match their shoes.

What does where you moved to have to do with anything? I’m west of Nebraska too. My point is we need players that can play and are concerned about the right things, not worried about whose frikken logo is on the uniform. From experience, we don’t necessarily want players from out west anyway.

• Plus1 1