When will Nebraska finally make THE BIG CHANGE?

unl7fan

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are correct about the Dassler brothers, but Adidas does not currently own Puma. They are still separate companies with global HQ in Germany.

Adidas did own the Reebok brand for over a decade (purchased in 2006) and then sold it in 2021. Adidas also used to own the Taylor Made golf brand, before selling that in recent years. 

I thought I heard they bought them around 2017.  guess not.  Didn't know about taylor made.  I'm sponsored by them (by that I mean I have their clubs and buy their hats.).

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I thought I heard they bought them around 2017.  guess not.  Didn't know about taylor made.  I'm sponsored by them (by that I mean I have their clubs and buy their hats.).

I don't want to tie myself down to having to play one club manufacturer (meaning, I will play anything that's the right price at the golf store).

37 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't want to tie myself down to having to play one club manufacturer (meaning, I will play anything that's the right price at the golf store).

lol.  I just got back into golf last year from about a 15 year hiatus.  golf "season" is a lot longer here in NC than it was in IN.  My buddy and I are both buyers so we have vendors that always offer to take us.  I didn't even have clubs anymore as my younger brother borrowed mine and moved to Boston.  I went and bought a set of taylor made's at play it again sports for about $150.  I told myself I was going to get fitted this year and buy a new set and take a lesson or two.  

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

lol.  I just got back into golf last year from about a 15 year hiatus.  golf "season" is a lot longer here in NC than it was in IN.  My buddy and I are both buyers so we have vendors that always offer to take us.  I didn't even have clubs anymore as my younger brother borrowed mine and moved to Boston.  I went and bought a set of taylor made's at play it again sports for about $150.  I told myself I was going to get fitted this year and buy a new set and take a lesson or two.  

Golf season in Colorado can go well into the fall, but I have heard a lot of good things about the courses in the Carolinas.  If you really get into golf, you should check out No Laying Up's YouTube travel series as they went through the Carolinas and played at a number of courses.

I got a new iron set last year, and I tested/tried out a number of different brands/manufacturers.  I ended up going with the TaylorMade Sim2, and I loved them. I got fitted for them, but I ended up being the stock measurements.  But, if you are taller or have a flat swing, then getting fit is the way to go.  Most places will waive the fitting fee if you end up buying a set of irons or a driver.  My joke about using different manufacturers is that I have Callaway/Odyssey driver/wedges/putter and TaylorMade irons.  I mainly use what feels good when I hit them, and what looks good when I address the ball.

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Golf season in Colorado can go well into the fall, but I have heard a lot of good things about the courses in the Carolinas.  If you really get into golf, you should check out No Laying Up's YouTube travel series as they went through the Carolinas and played at a number of courses.

I got a new iron set last year, and I tested/tried out a number of different brands/manufacturers.  I ended up going with the TaylorMade Sim2, and I loved them. I got fitted for them, but I ended up being the stock measurements.  But, if you are taller or have a flat swing, then getting fit is the way to go.  Most places will waive the fitting fee if you end up buying a set of irons or a driver.  My joke about using different manufacturers is that I have Callaway/Odyssey driver/wedges/putter and TaylorMade irons.  I mainly use what feels good when I hit them, and what looks good when I address the ball.

There are some nice courses here.  I was in SC watching a PGA tour event  on tv with my dad and he asked me if I knew where it was.  The course is literally a 2 min drive from where I work.  I got to play 2 rounds in Dec this year as we got two Fridays in a row that were in the 60's.  Anything above 50 degrees you will see people on the courses.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Okay here I am...

Let me ask you this...what is the first R rated movie you remember seeing in a theater.  (Sits back to enjoy the posts)

The Exorcist…..I was 12 years old.

My mom had been wanting to see it but my dad was working out of town so she made a major miscalculation and took me with her. It was a long 11 block walk home in the dark :lol: