Running Back Room

TGHusker

1 hour ago, admo said:

Yeah, you can almost feel it with those two guys being the top dawgs. 

Because I Wasn't sure if Applewhite would recognize what Rhamir's true role and value is within the offense, or just put him at #1 back automatically...... because he started several games last year. But also understanding the Huskers need a few dawgs at the top to get it done.  If that makes sense.

Got to say I am very impressed with our new RB coach.  

Why do you keep misspelling Rahmir's name? Is it unintentional?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting look here with Rahmir in an old school wingback alignment while we're under center. I assume there will be a fair amount more under center with Whipple, and that could open up some cool play designs that wouldn't have been worth pursuing when our under center game was limited to sneaks and an option package.

EDIT: Actually looks like Rahmir was with the WRs today - he wasn't in the RB drill later on, and was in a WR drill.

• Oh Yeah! 1
40 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Ervin works hard and has good IQ to the playbook. I think that will always help someone see the field...he does all things good. Just not sure if he does anything great. Time will tell. I think right now AG is our #1. 

Ervin was starting to show progress as a true frosh in 2021, and then he got injured against Oklahoma.  It's great to see him come back from that major injury and put himself back in position to be a major contributor.  I am surprised that he has been able to recover so quickly.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Interesting look here with Rahmir in an old school wingback alignment while we're under center. I assume there will be a fair amount more under center with Whipple, and that could open up some cool play designs that wouldn't have been worth pursuing when our under center game was limited to sneaks and an option package.

EDIT: Actually looks like Rahmir was with the WRs today - he wasn't in the RB drill later on, and was in a WR drill.

Yeah it would be wise to transition him into more of a receiver role given his skill set and the apparent log jam at runningback. 

Maybe there's people on the staff now who have some sense??  Seems almost too good to be true.

• Plus1 1