Running Back Room

TGHusker

16 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I can't say I'm worried about how many times we run the ball per game.  It seemed pretty balanced at Pitt.  

It will be more interesting to see what they do situationally.

This.  The offense was pretty darn good at times last year, but Frost liked to overthink and even what I would call panic in certain situations.  I am hoping Whipple can keep a more level head and not overreact to things this year. 

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I hope CT doesn't throw his screen passes to the RB to his chest. 

Haha nice one i meant Casey Thompson will put the ball where it needs to be in order for the running backs to catch the ball. I will say a certain qb had trouble with that. Too high or a low throw. Never got why it was so hard to throw a short pass when you have all summer to practice throws. Im thankful for the certain qb playing his heart out now im also thankful for Casey Thompson being here. He looks like the real deal. Never got why Texas didn't want him as their qb smh. Their loss is our gain and just bc they got Ewers he hasn't done anything in his college career.  Not saying he won't be great but their is too much expectations on him already let him play his first game then go by that. We judge CT bc he is proven and established!!!!!

The amount of people on this board that think they understand football because “that’s how we did it in the 80s and 90s” is mind numbing. 

“iF yOu LiNeUp iN ShOtGuN iT Is a pAsS PlAy”

Stupid. If you can’t understand RPO and spread schemes because “that’s not how we used to do it” stop commenting because your antiquated idea of football is irrelevant. 

Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Optimistic?   Not much of that going around yet is there? 

The majority of the fan base is optimistic.   It's a new year with a new system and new players with a very winnable schedule.  No reason as a fan you shouldn't be at least a little optimistic.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

The majority of the fan base is optimistic.   It's a new year with a new system and new players with a very winnable schedule.  No reason as a fan you shouldn't be at least a little optimistic.  

I’m bought in this year at this point.  I think a healthy CT and more competent assistant coaches and what we hope are above average kickers will do wonders for the rest of the team.  
Interior DLine and OLine in general still worry me a bit, but overall pretty excited about the year.   

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m bought in this year at this point.  I think a healthy CT and more competent assistant coaches and what we hope are above average kickers will do wonders for the rest of the team.  
Interior DLine and OLine in general still worry me a bit, but overall pretty excited about the year.   

My thoughts exactly

12 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I’m sorry but I’ve talked to dozens of long time fans.  Almost 100% are very pessimistic - most are in the 3-6 win group.  About 2/3rds would fire Frost and most would give rest of new staff a couple more years to see if they could restart the team. 

These sites don’t reflect s lots of fan base imo.  The posters are the most avid, rabid, diehards and are also the polarized.  But I’d say, if fans voted, Frost would not get re-elected to another 4 year term.  If he surprises, wins 9 and a top ten win, he’d get another year by a majority, I suspect. 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’m sorry but I’ve talked to dozens of long time fans.  Almost 100% are very pessimistic - most are in the 3-6 win group.  About 2/3rds would fire Frost and most would give rest of new staff a couple more years to see if they could restart the team. 

These sites don’t reflect s lots of fan base imo.  The posters are the most avid, rabid, diehards and are also the polarized.  But I’d say, if fans voted, Frost would not get re-elected to another 4 year term.  If he surprises, wins 9 and a top ten win, he’d get another year by a majority, I suspect. 

Ya, and the scary thing is if he hits his number of necessary wins, he gets bumped back to his 5 million number and even gets a year added on to his contract.  

It was sold as a way to save on his buyout, but it really doesn't do much ... unless he gets fired this season by hitting his number.  If there number is 6-7 wins, that's an ugly number on an easy season and we are stuck with his contract for another three [3] seasons [if I understand it correctly].  

He has to go 8-4, preferably 9-3 and truly hit the turbo switch.