Running Back Room

TGHusker

Watching all the clips and going after more of what’s on the interwebs that I’ve seen:

23 looks confident and strident 

22 looks handy and shifty, gritty

0 looks tough as hell, not as footquick

14 looks scat but not big

29 looks undersized and slow 

6 looks like needs to grow. 

maybe messed a player number up in there but kinda sayin what I’ve seen. 

23, 0, 22 stand out for running. 14 stands out for catches n misdirection. 

glad we have some options. 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’m sorry but I’ve talked to dozens of long time fans.  Almost 100% are very pessimistic - most are in the 3-6 win group.  About 2/3rds would fire Frost and most would give rest of new staff a couple more years to see if they could restart the team. 

These sites don’t reflect s lots of fan base imo.  The posters are the most avid, rabid, diehards and are also the polarized.  But I’d say, if fans voted, Frost would not get re-elected to another 4 year term.  If he surprises, wins 9 and a top ten win, he’d get another year by a majority, I suspect. 

I think you need to consider the demographic you are discussing this with.  Yes, many older fans who were passionate during the 70s-90s successes are upset these days.  However, that does not make up the majority of our fan base in 2022.... Yes, I'm calling you old lol.    

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I think you need to consider the demographic you are discussing this with.  Yes, many older fans who were passionate during the 70s-90s successes are upset these days.  However, that does not make up the majority of our fan base in 2022.... Yes, I'm calling you old lol.    

I’m talking ages 60 down to 25.  Cross section.  

12 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’m talking ages 60 down to 25.  Cross section.  

Maybe we can just create a poll on here... I think you know what the results would be.  Why bother even being a fan if you can't be a little optimistic prior to the start of the season?  

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Maybe we can just create a poll on here... I think you know what the results would be.  Why bother even being a fan if you can't be a little optimistic prior to the start of the season?  

Those two things are certainly not logically connected.  Many fans are realistic not delusional.   After five years of losing, and no championships in a generation, you say people should not care anymore?   

85000 attend games regularly but many many of those don’t quit going simply because they don’t think the team will.  Most NU fans are NOT fair weather and or bandwagon fans. Hence, selling so many tickets for 50 plus years.    Until the last 5 years.   People, including my father, also a Husker law grad, bought season tickets in the 1950s and early 60s when losing was also as frequent as today.  They viewed the $ as a donation to boost the team and keep the program alive.   
I have been a donor since 1984, and even give now, without getting tickets.  Although I have bought 10 tickets for the Sept games for myself and my kids and grandkids.  We will be excited to go and cheer loudly, win or lose.   We all love the alma mater / Big Red and always will.  That doesn’t change whether we expect to win or not.  We hate to be embarrassed of course but in our hearts and minds, we believe winning will return.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Those two things are certainly not logically connected.  Many fans are realistic not delusional.   After five years of losing, and no championships in a generation, you say people should not care anymore?   

85000 attend games regularly but many many of those don’t quit going simply because they don’t think the team will.  Most NU fans are NOT fair weather and or bandwagon fans. Hence, selling so many tickets for 50 plus years.    Until the last 5 years.   People, including my father, also a Husker law grad, bought season tickets in the 1950s and early 60s when losing was also as frequent as today.  They viewed the $ as a donation to boost the team and keep the program alive.   
I have been a donor since 1984, and even give now, without getting tickets.  Although I have bought 10 tickets for the Sept games for myself and my kids and grandkids.  We will be excited to go and cheer loudly, win or lose.   We all love the alma mater / Big Red and always will.  That doesn’t change whether we expect to win or not.  We hate to be embarrassed of course but in our hearts and minds, we believe winning will return.  

smh...  Let me help you a bit.

image.png.8c73f45ec2186212d36ead2e269d433a.png

I in no way suggested people shouldn't care.  Actually, I think the opposite.  Your conclusion is the the thing that isn't logically connected.  Most Husker fans do have optimism going into this season.  We are hopeful the team does well.  Some that hate Frost might hope he does just bad enough to get fired but I can guarantee those people are the minority.    

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Where did he say that?

I quote him asking - essentially that is saying why bother supporting your team if your not optimistic they’ll win!  As though don’t go if you don’t believe, rationally or jot, they will win every game.  I e your not welcome if you don’t drink koolaid.   How else can you interpret such ?  

As TO famously wrote, It’s More Than Winning. 
I went to the Rose Bowl, traveling half way cross the country, expending significant $$, five days of my life, to cheer for my one and only team, knowing full well we were very unlikely to win.  I hoped we wouldn’t get embarrassed. At half, it was not good.  I felt very confident (pessimistic) that DONU would be many years, if ever, before another big bowl.  
I am traveling back to Neb from upstate NY for this year’s OU game.  Am I excited?  Yes.  Will I yell and cheer until I’m horse?  Yes. I do every time after 50 years of it.   Am I optimistic of a win?  No.  
I’ll be a diehard fan until I die.  As much so as almost anybody I dare say.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I hope we can get back to running backs running violently like this. But, that takes a whole team effort. They have to have confidence that everyone is blocking hard for them. 

that’s what I’m hoping Raiola brings. 

You had me with the 3 back set!  LOL  I'd love to see that in short yardage or just to eat some clock and lean on the opposing D. Not as an every down formation, but change of pace and something to make DC's game plan for.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:18 PM, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’m sorry but I’ve talked to dozens of long time fans.  Almost 100% are very pessimistic - most are in the 3-6 win group.  About 2/3rds would fire Frost and most would give rest of new staff a couple more years to see if they could restart the team. 

These sites don’t reflect s lots of fan base imo.  The posters are the most avid, rabid, diehards and are also the polarized.  But I’d say, if fans voted, Frost would not get re-elected to another 4 year term.  If he surprises, wins 9 and a top ten win, he’d get another year by a majority, I suspect. 

arrested-development-david-cross.gif

• Plus1 1