Running Back Room

TGHusker

13 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I quote him asking - essentially that is saying why bother supporting your team if your not optimistic they’ll win!  As though don’t go if you don’t believe, rationally or jot, they will win every game.  I e your not welcome if you don’t drink koolaid.   How else can you interpret such ?  

As TO famously wrote, It’s More Than Winning. 
I went to the Rose Bowl, traveling half way cross the country, expending significant $$, five days of my life, to cheer for my one and only team, knowing full well we were very unlikely to win.  I hoped we wouldn’t get embarrassed. At half, it was not good.  I felt very confident (pessimistic) that DONU would be many years, if ever, before another big bowl.  
I am traveling back to Neb from upstate NY for this year’s OU game.  Am I excited?  Yes.  Will I yell and cheer until I’m horse?  Yes. I do every time after 50 years of it.   Am I optimistic of a win?  No.  
I’ll be a diehard fan until I die.  As much so as almost anybody I dare say.  

Wait, so you feel you have a good pulse on the husker fan base from upstate New York?  That explains so much...  

• Plus1 5

Huskers were 46th last year (not bad) in rushing at 181 per game (including yards loss from sacks).  I would like to see us reach that mark, with just the RBs.  

Only 24 teams hit the 200 mark, including Michigan and Wisconsin from the B1G. 

Huskers 447ypg 181 rush

Michigan 443ypg 214 rush

Wisconsin 371ypg 211 rush

Minnesota 361ypg 199 rush

Iowa 303ypg 123 rush

Rutgers 310ypg 138 rush

Indiana 291ypg 116 rush

Northwest 322ypg 145 rush

Illinois 330ypg 173 rush

Purdue 440ypg 84 rush

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

It seems pretty clear to me that Rahmir is going to be used as a Wandale Robinson v2.0

Yeah, and at least he won't have a problem with being in the backfield a lot some games. We've always known he's kinda undersized, but I didn't realize exactly how small. You figure the 190 on the roster is high, but Applewhite said 175 which is pretty darn light. I can think of some 190 lb full-time backs, not many 175lb dudes.

27 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think our backs are better than many believe.  I’ve felt they’ve been OK in last five years.  But between the blocking struggled, revolving door in and out, and some play calling and designs.  

I actually liked what I saw from Gabe Jr last year.  And the fact that Grant has surpassed him bodes well for the offense.  I just think the coaches say those things to keep everyone engaged 

• Plus1 3