Running Back Room

TGHusker

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Devine is who had five in 2018.

I'm an idiot. I completely skipped over the middle :lol:

6 minutes ago, admo said:

I still think #34 was a great running back who was in an awful situation (running scheme).  Dammit I can't remember his name.

Newby?

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, admo said:

Newby! thank you I forget his name

There's a great article out, saw a tweet from someone, can't remember who, but Newby led the team out of the tunnel last week.  He's now serving and he was one of the military people that led the team out for the game as part of our Veterans tribute.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, sho said:

There's a great article out, saw a tweet from someone, can't remember who, but Newby led the team out of the tunnel last week.  He's now serving and he was one of the military people that led the team out for the game as part of our Veterans tribute.

I always liked that guy :)

• 3 weeks later...

One: Season, since 2014, when a Nebraska running back reached 1,000 yards. That’d be 2018, when Devine Ozigbo topped 1,000 yards in the Iowa game. In 2022, Anthony Grant finished at 915 yards. In his last three games, he gained 57 yards — on 41 carries! If Grant had averaged 3.47 yards per carry over those 41 totes, he would have reached 1,000 rushing yards. Grant regressed as the line blocking got worse; he was pulled — and screamed at — several times for not running north/south.

OWH

For as good as Grant looked early in the season, he didn't look very good down the stretch.  Obviously the line wasn't helping.  But he was absolutely trying to bounce everything.  He cost us a first down - and nearly the game - by trying to bounce a run late against Iowa when he needed to put his shoulders down and pick up a yard.

• Plus1 1