Have you snuck into anything?

I think I have three times...

Bought tickets for Big (I think) and snuck into a horror movie, maybe a Nightmare on Elm Street

One time walked in the backdoor of a theater by accident and realized we could just go see Any Given Sunday for free.

The OU game this year, I just walked in.  They never scanned my ticket.

• Oh Yeah! 1

A lot of cheer competitions for my daughter.  They would put wristbands on you after you paid, so you can go in and out of the arena as often as you'd like.  Cheer days are really long, like get there at 8 AM, leave at 6 PM to watch your kid perform for 2 1/2 minutes.   So I'd call a parent on the team and see what color the band was and use a band of the same color that I took from work to get in free.     I had 15-20 bands of every color to last me for a while.

Movies, do the 2 for the price of 1.  My nephew worked there, and he told me as long as you weren't an a$$ and take someone else's seat, they don't really care.

Couple of basketball and football games, just walk like I knew where I was going and then just sat in open seats for basketball, stood on the sideline for football.

Lastly one concert, basically the same way as sporting event, I was wearing a lanyard, walked in backstage like i knew where I was going and I belonged there, then made my way out to where I could watch the concert.

• Oh Yeah! 1

I may or may not have kept a back door unlocked to the HS gym.
I may or may not have practiced jumpers inside the gym, after 10pm
The cops may or may not have entered the gym
I may or may not have thought "oh s#!t..."
I may or may not have been a HS SR
I may or may not have been asked questions near a free throw line
I may or may not been in a lot of hot water
I may or may not have been recognized from scoring 24 points in a game a few nights earlier
I may or may not have been given a strong warning instead, and told not do it again.... :ph34r:

• Oh Yeah! 1

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

Bought tickets for Big (I think) and snuck into a horror movie

Rebel..

One time walked in the backdoor of a theater by accident

Oops... :rolleyes:

The OU game this year, I just walked in

Now we're talkin !!! :horns2

8 hours ago, sho said:

Couple of basketball and football games, just walk like I knew where I was going and then just sat in open seats for basketball, stood on the sideline for football.

Gotta do what you gotta do.... I like it!

8 hours ago, sho said:

Lastly one concert, walked in backstage like i knew where I was going and I belonged there, then made my way out to where I could watch the concert.

That's actually awesome !  I've heard it's pretty tight at a Bieber concert

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Never once did we sneak into a drive-in movie in somebody’s trunk

When you were kidnapped.... Sorry, stuffed into a trunk....

A.  Did you curl into the fetal position?

B.  What did you do when you noticed the axe?

C.  I hope they fed you popcorn :)

I accidentally found myself "inside" the stadium for the 2012 Michigan game as I was trying to get around the stadium to go buy tickets from someone. It was during the construction for the east stadium expansion so it was kind of a mess, and somehow I find myself past security so I just went on in and partied in the student section.

First movie I can remember sneaking into was 8-Mile but I know my brother and I found a way into the back door of the movie theater when we were younger than that.

I've gone in to a lot of places. It's true that people don't tend to question you if you act like you belong. 

I walked into Pinnacle Bank Arena during construction several times. Same with Memorial Stadium during the two most recent phases of construction. 

When they had the grand opening for PBA I walked in about 30 minutes before the doors were supposed to open. I think I may have actually carried a clipboard for that? I did that once somewhere. Took a bunch of pictures of an empty, brand new PBA and posted those here whenever that opened. 

Do abandoned buildings count? I've gone exploring in a few around Lincoln over the years. 

There was a Star Wars convention in Omaha like 20 years ago at the Civic Auditorium. We were walking around and got down some hallway that we apparently weren't supposed to be in, and got into one of the conference rooms before a panel discussion. We helped Anthony Daniels (C3PO) set up chairs in that room for about 15 minutes. He was super cool. 

• Plus1 1

Little kid club basketball tournaments every weekend. 

It's a freaking racket.  It would cost more to watch my 12 year old play "rec league" basketball than to watch a high school team in the state tournament.  I'm not against going in a back door at these.

We also make our boys wear their uniforms to watch my daughter and visa versa.  That way they walk in like they are players.  

• Plus1 1

Before my wife and I had kids, we spent a few years being on our own for Christmas.  We wouldn't travel back to Nebraska to see family over the holidays.  On Christmas Day, we would go to the movies all day, seeing 3 different movies at a big AMC Theater multi-plex.  We paid for the first movie and then walked into the theater for the other two.  It was great, because we were able to kill Christmas Day without family, and see some decent movies.

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Before my wife and I had kids, we spent a few years being on our own for Christmas.  We wouldn't travel back to Nebraska to see family over the holidays.  On Christmas Day, we would go to the movies all day, seeing 3 different movies at a big AMC Theater multi-plex.  We paid for the first movie and then walked into the theater for the other two.  It was great, because we were able to kill Christmas Day without family, and see some decent movies.

So you snuck in to some movies and snuck out on your family!  Ha