Have you snuck into anything?

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Little kid club basketball tournaments every weekend. 

It's a freaking racket.  It would cost more to watch my 12 year old play "rec league" basketball than to watch a high school team in the state tournament.  I'm not against going in a back door at these.

We also make our boys wear their uniforms to watch my daughter and visa versa.  That way they walk in like they are players.  

Those tournaments are such a racket.  I have that pain for my daughter's cheer leading.   I would sneak wrist bands so I could get in free, her sisters would wear her old uniforms and get in free as an 'athlete'.  Its awful how much they charge and I don't feel an ounce of guilt for not paying.

21 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think I have three times...

Bought tickets for Big (I think) and snuck into a horror movie, maybe a Nightmare on Elm Street

LOL.  A Nightmare on Elmstreet was the first and only movie I've ever snuck into.  Will never forget that feeling of adrenaline back in my teens with my buddies when we went for it!  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, sho said:

Those tournaments are such a racket.  I have that pain for my daughter's cheer leading.   I would sneak wrist bands so I could get in free, her sisters would wear her old uniforms and get in free as an 'athlete'.  Its awful how much they charge and I don't feel an ounce of guilt for not paying.

Sounds like Mr. Basketball Tournaments.  I am so glad I'm done with those damn things.

Row 20, 50 yard line for the Iowa game. Had the worst seat in Memorial stadium and justify improved my situation. 

Toured the Ranger’s stadium in Arlington. When the group when left, I went right-right into the locker room with a very angry Adrian Beltre. I resisted touching his head. 

Many moons ago in my young adulthood stage, i amateur rodeoed , mostly around the Midwest.  We had to pay entry fees and participation fees, but the group I traveled drew the line at paying to also get into the rodeos-that’s like paying the elephant to get into the circus- so about a mile from the check in gate, whoever was not driving would get into the horse trailer and squat down at the horse’s feet, until we cleared the gate.  There may be 5-7 of us back there. One time the line was long and we started to argue. We got busted. That was super funny even at the time. 

• Haha 2

I honestly can't think of an example.  

I dine and dashed a few times.  Is that morally worse?  Same principle, just in a different direction.  Seems more slimy somehow though.

The summer after high school we drunkenly dine and dashed from the same Perkins like 4 times.   Around the 3rd time I just thought it was their fault at that point.  How did nobody recognize us?  I suppose they got a lot of drunk idiots at 3am.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I dine and dashed a few times.  Is that morally worse?  Same principle, just in a different direction.  Seems more slimy somehow though.

The summer after high school we drunkenly dine and dashed from the same Perkins like 4 times.   Around the 3rd time I just thought it was their fault at that point.  How did nobody recognize us?  I suppose they got a lot of drunk idiots at 3am.

I'd say it's much worse.  

Sneaking into a venue normally doesn't create extra work for any employees.  But it is stealing from the owner's or organizers. However,  having cooks prepare food and making a waiter/waitress deal with drunks only to get stiffed should be a felony.  I did it once in college and felt horrible about it.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

In fall 1994, our fraternity pledge class did our sneak to our brother fraternity at Oklahoma State in Stillwater.  Most of us were using fake ID's to get into the bars, and we were out at the bars all afternoon.  I remember it because that afternoon Coach Bill McCartney retired suddenly as CU head coach after that afternoon's game.

Anyway, at around 8 or 9 o'clock, me and a friend went to this sit-down restaurant for some food, and he said he was going to pay.  We ate our food, we got the bill, and the bill came out higher than he wanted to put on his mom's credit card.  He convinced me to dine and dash with him.  The restaurant was pretty empty so we picked our time to run out of the restaurant when our waitress went back into the kitchen.

We were running down this alley, when my friend had to stop and tie his shoe.  When he got done tying his shoe, we looked up and there were a couple guys from the restaurant and they had also called the cops.  We went back to the restaurant and the cops had come to the restaurant, as well.  My friend ended up paying the bill, and the cops took us to city jail for public intoxication.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I'd say it's much worse.  

Sneaking into a venue normally doesn't create extra work for any employees.  But it is stealing from the owner's or organizers. However,  having cooks prepare food and making a waiter/waitress deal with drunks only to get stiffed should be a felony.  I did it once in college and felt horrible about it.

I get where you're coming from.  In my case the waitresses still got tipped.  Because (I think every time) we had no intention in dashing.  It was was just an impulsive decision after standing at the register for a while waiting to pay.  We couldn't get help so we'd just bounce.  

The people who prepared the food would have done it whether we paid or not.  So it wasn't extra work exactly.  

So really it was the same principle just in a different direction.  Sneaking out instead of sneaking in.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I'd say it's much worse.  

What about the pros who complain about their food & service, just to have their check comp'd by a manager, including their alcohol?  They are not hustler's.  They're cheap a$$ scammers.  I have several friends that are (and some were) waitresses and bartenders.  Happens a lot at a place that rhymes with "Cooters" and "Pwin Teaks"

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I get where you're coming from.  In my case the waitresses still got tipped.  Because (I think every time) we had no intention in dashing.  It was was just an impulsive decision after standing at the register for a while waiting to pay.  We couldn't get help so we'd just bounce.  

The people who prepared the food would have done it whether we paid or not.  So it wasn't extra work exactly.  

So really it was the same principle just in a different direction.  Sneaking out instead of sneaking in.

I'd say there is a non zero chance that the server had to pay out of pocket to cover the meals you and your friends walked out on hopefully you guys tipped pretty big.  This happened to me a couple times when I bartended and I had to eat the tab both times which sucked.  That being said, I'd imagine perhaps Perkins has a more lenient policy where they have a bigger 'spillage' tab due to the 24 hour nature of the diner which results in running with a more skeleton crew plus you know, drunks haha.

Regardless, you come across remorseful and this seems like a case of kids doing dumb stuff.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

In fall 1994, our fraternity pledge class did our sneak to our brother fraternity at Oklahoma State in Stillwater.  Most of us were using fake ID's to get into the bars, and we were out at the bars all afternoon.  I remember it because that afternoon Coach Bill McCartney retired suddenly as CU head coach after that afternoon's game.

Anyway, at around 8 or 9 o'clock, me and a friend went to this sit-down restaurant for some food, and he said he was going to pay.  We ate our food, we got the bill, and the bill came out higher than he wanted to put on his mom's credit card.  He convinced me to dine and dash with him.  The restaurant was pretty empty so we picked our time to run out of the restaurant when our waitress went back into the kitchen.

We were running down this alley, when my friend had to stop and tie his shoe.  When he got done tying his shoe, we looked up and there were a couple guys from the restaurant and they had also called the cops.  We went back to the restaurant and the cops had come to the restaurant, as well.  My friend ended up paying the bill, and the cops took us to city jail for public intoxication.

Classic pledge sneak story :thumbs

Coincidentally, we did our pledge sneak to the Oklahome State football game in 1981 but we stayed at our brother fraternity at Tulsa. We got so trashed the night before the game nobody actually went to the game. We watched it at a bar on Saturday.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You should still be in prison!!!

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'd say there is a non zero chance that the server had to pay out of pocket to cover the meals you and your friends walked out on hopefully you guys tipped pretty big.  This happened to me a couple times when I bartended and I had to eat the tab both times which sucked.  That being said, I'd imagine perhaps Perkins has a more lenient policy where they have a bigger 'spillage' tab due to the 24 hour nature of the diner which results in running with a more skeleton crew plus you know, drunks haha.

Regardless, you come across remorseful and this seems like a case of kids doing dumb stuff.

Yeah, certainly not proud.  Or hungry.

• Haha 1