AM interview at K State

lo country

55 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why do people think he’s all of a sudden going to be so much more awesome than he was here?  Has KSU been a diminating program?  Have they recruited a bunch of 5 stars to play with him? 

I wish him the best.  But, I don’t see how he’s all of a sudden so much better. FYI….I believe he was pretty damn good here. 

He was very good here and he will put up the same stats next year but end up 10-2.

• Plus1 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why do people think he’s all of a sudden going to be so much more awesome than he was here?  Has KSU been a diminating program?  Have they recruited a bunch of 5 stars to play with him? 

I wish him the best.  But, I don’t see how he’s all of a sudden so much better. FYI….I believe he was pretty damn good here. 

As teachercd said, he's going to be mostly the same, with less pressure, and his team will be much better than we've been in a worse conference.  This largely comes down to the situation here and not Adrian.

Take this with a grain of salt of course but this K State reporter is saying all of Nebraska's transfers to K State say they've never seen a cohesive locker room until now.  That would fit with other things we've heard like the end of the 2020 season and the offense wanting to be done and the defense wanting to play a bowl.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-football-basketball-athletics-Tim-Fitzgerald-Chris-Klieman-transfer-portal-Adrian-Martinez-Nebraska-Cornhuskers-Scott-Frost-182552155/

• Plus1 1

I think the majority of Husker fans recall how Adrian conducted & carried himself off the field, and never made excuses during pressers after games.

I also think most Husker fans know he gave his best every week, even playing with pain and injuries.

His entire career, he enjoyed playing and competing, took his punches (even benching), and still always loved Nebraska.

And even though the results ended up with lots of loses, with lots of bonehead turnovers at times, it is still impossible to not root for this kid on his journey to be great.  In the end, he walked off as the all-time career yardage leader as a Husker.

Bottom line, most people are just sending him well-wishes, and appreciated him as a student athlete, as a competitor & quarterback for the Huskers, ever since his first game when he was only 18, and saw how he developed into a great young man.  I wish him the best. 

Once a Husker, always a Husker.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm just going by what was said in the interview. Talks about going to a program that will give him the best shot at the NFL.  Talks about being used better.  The camaraderie.  An actual running game etc...

I agree he did very well here. Considering the dumpster fire he played in.  I think the fact he will have better supporting cast, new conference, seems to really like the OC etc will make/allow him to be a very good QB.

5 hours ago, lo country said:

I'm just going by what was said in the interview. Talks about going to a program that will give him the best shot at the NFL.  Talks about being used better.  The camaraderie.  An actual running game etc...

I agree he did very well here. Considering the dumpster fire he played in.  I think the fact he will have better supporting cast, new conference, seems to really like the OC etc will make/allow him to be a very good QB.

My point is, he will have a chance to look much more successful because of the cast around him and playing an easier schedule instead of him actually all of a sudden being such a better QB. 

last year especially, he played well enough for us to win a lot more games. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My point is, he will have a chance to look much more successful because of the cast around him and playing an easier schedule instead of him actually all of a sudden being such a better QB. 

last year especially, he played well enough for us to win a lot more games. 

Can't disagree.  Just his comments seemed to shade NU.  I don't think anyone is pulling against him.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Can't disagree.  Just his comments seemed to shade NU.  I don't think anyone is pulling against him.

AM lost his position coach, someone AM was very close to.  I can only imagine the uproar in the locker room at NU after the cannings especially on offense.  Scott has more work to do in the locker room then he probably has to do on the field.  Five years into his program and most of the offensive line are Fr thru Sophomores with what, one senior?  It is hard to win games when Fr-So are going up against 5-6 year seniors week in and week out.  This will be a good OL in a year or two when most are Seniors and Juniors.  

• Haha 1