AM interview at K State

lo country

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I’d be surprised if this were a Wandale Robinson situation. I imagine he’ll put up similar numbers, with a few more wins. After watching the bowl game, his RB  situation is way better at KSU. WRs? He had better WRs at Nebraska last year. 

And would have had better this year too had he stayed (and won the position). 

Also, the Big XII really isn't that great. Iowa State is on the decline, Texass just flat out sucks, Oklahoma may be headed for bumpy roads with their new Coach, and there's really no one (Okie Lite? Really?) that will jump off the page and suggest they're the team to beat. 

Hell...if anything, K-State is looking like they may have the pieces, relatively speaking, to make a run for the Big XII title. But put K-State in any other P5 conference (okay...maybe not the Pac-12) and you'd be hard pressed to see them come away with anything other than a .500 season. 

What's funny is that the Big XII looks to improve their quality of football when they add those four new programs and drop OU and UT. Right now they're barely treading water with the Pac-12. 

• Plus1 1

It's hard for me to see how AM doesn't perform better at KState.  As others have mentioned, the schedule and conference should be more conductive for success.  Plus, I'll say the quiet part out loud, I think Klieman is a significantly better coach than Frost which in turn will put AM in more successful situations.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I might advocate that AM will play a tougher schedule at K State than at Nebraska next year.  It's certainly debatable.  Our schedule is rather easy as my eyes see it.

Comparing KSU's schedule next year to Nebraska's schedule next year really is meaningless in this discussion.  Both places, he would be playing an easier schedule than he played at Nebraska last year.

• Plus1 1

I’m not all that sold on the schedule being that much easier this fall overall.  A couple games maybe but a couple teams will be better than last year so overall it won’t be a lot.   OU, Wiscy, NW, IA, could all be better while may be only one or two fall off.   There’s still 5-6 very tough wins and only a couple ‘should be wins’ in Big Ten slate. 

We found some transfers to shore up a couple areas but everybody recruited and did similarly.  Our talent remains at or above many on the schedule. ? is whether or game plans and execution make gains vs competition?   Idk. 

This is the problem- we have to gain ground on the best and surpass the rest.  Not sure it’s happening yet.  Too many unknown variables yet again. 

46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Comparing KSU's schedule next year to Nebraska's schedule next year really is meaningless in this discussion.  Both places, he would be playing an easier schedule than he played at Nebraska last year.

I think you are commenting to the wrong person.  The prior person was using the K-State schedule to advocate/imply something toward AM doing far better based on an easier schedule.

In it all, AM has moved on and so have I.  I suppose the rest is left for the folks who want to be right and puff up AM or downplay him.

Let's move on from AM.

14 hours ago, runningblind said:

Sure,  if you think the Big XII is tougher than the Big Ten. In that universe I'd agree with you.

I've never had a lot of respect for the B1G.  I always thought they sucked and were overrated.  

It's more than obvious that in the last 10-15 year that the B1G has improved top to bottom than what it was and that the Big XII has become weaker [and plummets when OU/TX leave].  What I find fascinating are all the fans that have continue to state, "Iowa sucks", "NW sucks", Purdue sucks" ... and yet, we can't seem to match them on the field much in the past ten years.  The new reality is that we are in a league of our own.   

As it relates to your comment, I think the B1G is a better conference today than the Big XII.  Yet, as it relates to the post and what the person was implying, if you look at the schedule for next year, K-State has as hard of a schedule as we will have [as I see it].  Sure, it's just one year, but that is all AM will have for everyone who wants to still debate AM will get to compare.

Here's to a nice boost this next season and 4-5 wins.  If we can get another OL haul for next season I think we might be able to sustain another B1G win and take in 6 wins.  Hopeful.

50 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I think you are commenting to the wrong person.  The prior person was using the K-State schedule to advocate/imply something toward AM doing far better based on an easier schedule.

What? How was he replying to the wrong person? He quoted this, from you.

15 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I might advocate that AM will play a tougher schedule at K State than at Nebraska next year.  It's certainly debatable.  Our schedule is rather easy as my eyes see it.

The statement was that AM would likely see an easier schedule this year. Yes, our B1G schedule will also be easier this year but it was a comparison to last year and the years that AM actually played for Nebraska.

If you want to try to make the case that KSUs schedule will be tougher than what NU has faced in the past 4 years in the B1G, well, that could be entertaining.

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, TheSker said:

Maybe Martinez to Warner works out at K-Stare?....

As far as culture issues at Nebraska....of course there were and still are some.....but Warner and Martinez were both team captains.

This is the best....I am not naive to the possible issues in the locker room. However, what else are they going to say in an interview with a KSU reporter? "Oh no, the locker room was way better and more cohesive at Nebraska. The facilities were also better and the fans are more loyal, etc..." If they say that, their teammates will not accept them in.

Also, there are reason people transfer and for the most part, it is not a positive reason they are leaving a current program.

• Plus1 2

i hope adrian does well and he will probably function better in a more controlled offense, but i will never be capable of rooting for kansas state haha.

also, as someone who watches a lot of big 12 ball, klieman has been getting by on relying on a lot of snyder's guys who are now gone, and they've also had some pretty insanely fortunate close game luck. outside of deuce vaughn, the guys he's brought into the program have not looked particularly good, so i wouldn't be shocked if the talent around adrian took a large step back from where its been in the past few years. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/13/2022 at 11:58 AM, TheSker said:

Maybe Martinez to Warner works out at K-Stare?....

As far as culture issues at Nebraska....of course there were and still are some.....but Warner and Martinez were both team captains.

I was just going to post something similar to what you said in the bolded.  I somewhat take that reporters line with a grain of salt because wouldnt the lack of chemistry/culture largely fall on said captains?  

I'm curious to truly see what strengths 2AM seems to be referencing.  We def called way too many qb run plays early in his career and RB production was trash for the most part, but there's also a very large portion of his runs that were broken pass plays and he improvised partly because he missed a wide open read or waited too long.

That being said, he finally has a D1 qb coach and not a cigar smoking conman as his qb coach so perhaps we will see a vastly improved 2am

3 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

I was just going to post something similar to what you said in the bolded.  I somewhat take that reporters line with a grain of salt because wouldnt the lack of chemistry/culture largely fall on said captains?  

I'm curious to truly see what strengths 2AM seems to be referencing.  We def called way too many qb run plays early in his career and RB production was trash for the most part, but there's also a very large portion of his runs that were broken pass plays and he improvised partly because he missed a wide open read or waited too long.

That being said, he finally has a D1 qb coach and not a cigar smoking conman as his qb coach so perhaps we will see a vastly improved 2am

Frost stated that conman was the best QB coach in the country.  2022 will show us true colors with the overhaul.  I'm mixed with hope and deep incredulousness.

Would be nice is a certain Bengals head man was so distraught he's got his options open for new things...