***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2022***

suh_fan93

On 6/16/2022 at 6:35 AM, funhusker said:

My selfish goal for the kid:

He has a good enough year to get drafted in rounds 4-7.  But bets on himself to come back for a 5th year and wreaks havoc!

He's gotta be making six figures here, right?  If not he will be.   It's not the same gamble it used to be thanks to that sweet, sweet NIL moneh.

He's one guy who could be persuaded to stay imo.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

The talk about Nash was he is slow. But is that still the case? Could he had not been training properly? This was an elite wrestler in high school. He was 166 and 0. You can’t be slow to be a great wrestler. You have to have really good quickness, along with great strength. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

The talk about Nash was he is slow. But is that still the case? Could he had not been training properly? This was an elite wrestler in high school. He was 166 and 0. You can’t be slow to be a great wrestler. You have to have really good quickness, along with great strength. 

I would say it's easier for raw strength to make up for slow feet in high school wrestling than it is in major college football. I'm hopeful with Nash, he's freakishly strong and it was always going to take a couple years of refinement for him. But it does worry me that there are quite a few people talking about the feet as a problem. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Here's the thing fellas. I think Nebraska could have a top 5 defense in the country with this talent and  schedule and if they go 4-0 well then I am predicting a B1G championship.  I don't see anyone who is better than OU.  But I will say this we could have a toe catch at Purdue, that team is good. 

Pour me a glass of whatever you just had with lunch. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I would say it's easier for raw strength to make up for slow feet in high school wrestling than it is in major college football. I'm hopeful with Nash, he's freakishly strong and it was always going to take a couple years of refinement for him. But it does worry me that there are quite a few people talking about the feet as a problem. 

I see people harping on his footspeed all the time but is it all that much important if he's functional in short spaces while forcing OLs to commit more than one blocker on him? Due to him overwhelming the guy across him.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

I see people harping on his footspeed all the time but is it all that much important if he's functional in short spaces while forcing OLs to commit more than one blocker on him? Due to him overwhelming the guy across him.

Footwork deficiency is how you get leveraged out of a play by just one blocker.  It's very important.