***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2022***

suh_fan93

• 2 weeks later...

Fisher says Farmer still has work to do. NPG a step behind that. 

Buford had one of the starting safety spots right now. Gifford is the #1 nickel. Singleton and Martin getting talked up. 

Newsome, Clark and Hill sounds like the top options at corner.

Brown now working at safety. Fisher wants to be able to rotate for safeties.

Wright close to getting cleared. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Fisher says Farmer still has work to do. NPG a step behind that. 

Buford had one of the starting safety spots right now. Gifford is the #1 nickel. Singleton and Martin getting talked up. 

Newsome, Clark and Hill sounds like the top options at corner.

Brown now working at safety. Fisher wants to be able to rotate for safeties.

Wright close to getting cleared. 

I haven't seen Buford, Omari Brown, Tommi Hill and Singleton play.... and that sounds exciting.

I hope we do see them on the field.

We have seen Farmer & Clark. 

Newsome should improve a lot (hopefully?) with all the experience he got seeing the field last season (while playing with super experienced starters CTB, DWilliams, Dismuke, JoJo, covering....).  

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Devin Drew isn't on campus yet because he needs to finish classes at TT and graduate.  His summer term ends 8/5, so he will miss the first weekish of camp.  Have to wonder what kind of shape he will be in since I assume he will have been working out on his own.

Damn. No beuno. 

6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Waiting for the light to turn on for NPG because he definitely has the athleticism.

He’s also super frail and pretty short. With below average coverage skills. He is just a missile.  

I wonder if Farmer gets beat out at the safety positions this year.  Just my impression but he appeared to lack the suddeness you usually need to be able to cover the great athletes you're going to face at either WR or even TE. The fact he wasn't shifted to Nickel may be a sign he's showing enough signs of improvement that Fisher believes he has him in the right spot.  Fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2