***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2022***

suh_fan93

I really got excited after listening to all the D coaches reviews and interviews and the few players.  I’ve felt OK regards the ‘22 defense but am still aware the D line is unproven.  However, I’m actually feeling very good now and will say - even this early and with limited info - I predict the 2022 Blackshirts WILL deserve to be called Blackshirts. A top 10 defense and maybe the best in the Big Ten is possible.  They’ll be good enough to win 10 games imo.  STs WILL be much better, also in the 8-10 win level anyway.  

The season and success or fail thereof and thus Frost, all comes down to offense. Execution. Execution. Execution. Scheme. Scheme. Scheme.  Don’t throw into coverage. Don’t fumble. Be willing and able to run the damn ball - 200 yards a game.  Pass a bunch if you want but remember when you pass, about 4 things can happen (competition, incompletion, interception or sack).  Three of those are bad, so they’re gonna need to really keep mistakes and miscues down - hard to do with a whole bunch of new guys all over the offense learning new terminology and some scheme variations at least.  Ireland could be sketchy but we will have some feel based on the reports out of camp.  QBs - CT, CP, LS and HH - all have time in college fb.  One or two will get comfortable enough to let Frosty-Whip call a careful, simplistic first three games.  By week 4 vs OU, they can let r rip!   Hopefully.  

Win 9 or 10 that way.  it seems to me, the Blackshirts are back!  STs will start helping the O and D. It’s time for some scoring explosion instead of implosion.