***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2022***

suh_fan93

5 hours ago, Decked said:

All this dumb stuff piles up if you don’t win 

and no offense but if they actually followed how the tradition started how many more wins come have came from that. I say that bc wearing a blackshirt that comes with alot of responsibility and pride. Who knows how many players probably felt like they should have had one before the first game is played and lost focus. Nebraska hasn't had a top 25 defense since they stopped handing out blackshirts to starters. You can say what you want that it doesn't matter but facts are facts.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I'm assuming their all American tackle plays on the left side, which, I would think that would still be Nelson.

We've usually play a boundary/field setup with the OLB/EDGE players.  The OLB that is basically the DE is (usually) to the short side of the field.  If we continue that, it would obviously change based on where the ball is snapped.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

and no offense but if they actually followed how the tradition started how many more wins come have came from that. I say that bc wearing a blackshirt that comes with alot of responsibility and pride. Who knows how many players probably felt like they should have had one before the first game is played and lost focus. Nebraska hasn't had a top 25 defense since they stopped handing out blackshirts to starters. You can say what you want that it doesn't matter but facts are facts.

No offense, but I'm not sure you know what you are talking about. 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Or just don’t make a big deal out of only 9 getting them and let the others earn them?

What makes you think they haven't earned them?? Bc the coaches want to see how they are going to play first before they get one give me a break. You and I know that they already know how they are going to play bc of what practices show. You can't give me a example on how someone like a player Ochaun Mathis has to go on the field in order to produce or to show the coaches what he is capable of if you already knows he plays like a blackshirt in practice already. 

• Plus1 1