***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2022***

suh_fan93

8 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Defense has been so bad, it will take a miracle to make them functional, especially since chin is still in charge. I thought Mickey would have sent him packing. I just hope that the defense starts playing like they actually care about husker football. Can’t wait to see how they respond this Saturday.

they need to change how the DT's play.  They aren't good enough to read and react.  put them in a gap and tell them to get pentation.  Having them engage the Oline and go from there is not working.  slants and stunts are about the only way to get guys free.  They aren't very athletic across the line.  Oshaun and Tannor are the most athletic of the D line and they still haven't done much.  Love Nelson but he just isn't a great athlete.  Need to scheme your guys free.  Linebackers and Dbs just need to buckle up and play and start tackling better. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

10 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

they need to change how the DT's play.  They aren't good enough to read and react.  put them in a gap and tell them to get pentation.  Having them engage the Oline and go from there is not working.  slants and stunts are about the only way to get guys free.  They aren't very athletic across the line.  Oshaun and Tannor are the most athletic of the D line and they still haven't done much.  Love Nelson but he just isn't a great athlete.  Need to scheme your guys free.  Linebackers and Dbs just need to buckle up and play and start tackling better. 

I think this is pretty much what they need to do.

Play gaps with the DT's and hope to either get through or get doubled.  Either way you are okay.

Nelson tries hard, i guess, but is not doing anything.

• TBH 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think this is pretty much what they need to do.

Play gaps with the DT's and hope to either get through or get doubled.  Either way you are okay.

Nelson tries hard, i guess, but is not doing anything.

yeah I don't understand it.  You are just doing the other team a favor.  One of them can maybe play head up but to me the weak side should probably be directly in a gap and just go balls out to try to get in the backfield..  They need to try to do something different

• Plus1 1

On 9/16/2022 at 6:15 AM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

They have big problems- not just the DTs.  This is a long rebuild.  

• Plus1 1