***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2022***

suh_fan93

On 10/24/2022 at 8:43 AM, Red Five said:

I have no doubt that Allen will go for 200+ against us.  That is just what Wisconsin backs do against NU.

2017 Taylor 249

2018 Taylor 221

2019 Taylor 204

2020 Covid

2021 Allen 228

Fun fact is that in 10 B1G games against Wisconsin, we are AVERAGING giving up 307 rushing yards per game and over 7 ypc.  For an entire decade.  Still blows my mind every time I think about it.  We have to hold them to 228 this year just to get that average under 300 per game.  Incredible. 

11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Fun fact is that in 10 B1G games against Wisconsin, we are AVERAGING giving up 307 rushing yards per game and over 7 ypc.  For an entire decade.  Still blows my mind every time I think about it.  We have to hold them to 228 this year just to get that average under 300 per game.  Incredible. 

So damn frustrating.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

That is gross!

It's even more disheartening when it's not even a surprise.  The coaching staff knows exactly what Wisconsin is going to try and do.  It's like they are trying to guess to "totally" shut down Wisconsin's running game instead of just lining up with men in the box to try to at least keep it under 200 total.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

42 minutes ago, admo said:

Didn't miss him one bit.

In fact, that is EXACTLY WHY Michigan did not break long runs all day.  Do you know how many times they ran without taking it to the house?  Without Farmer - 0 times.  ZERO

I mean ... the post right before that said we've only allowed three in the last six games.  Farmer played in five of those.  So it wasn't the absence of Farmer that led to having zero.  We've had other games with zero.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... the post right before that said we've only allowed three in the last six games.  Farmer played in five of those.  So it wasn't the absence of Farmer that led to having zero.  We've had other games with zero.

Don't you contradict his patented late night one beer in rants! How dare you. :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1