***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2022***

suh_fan93

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No his body is different. He doesn't look like a fat nose tackle. He looks like Suh from the above images

The second pic looks like he has extra/stretched out skin on his arms.  Like he was probably carrying some extra weight.  But you are right he doesn't have a big fat belly like those you mentioned or the guy behind him.  Just maybe he was a rotational guy because he didn't take lifting seriously while he was at Alabama 

24 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

The second pic looks like he has extra/stretched out skin on his arms.  Like he was probably carrying some extra weight.  But you are right he doesn't have a big fat belly like those you mentioned or the guy behind him.  Just maybe he was a rotational guy because he didn't take lifting seriously while he was at Alabama 

He was in a loaded DL room.  The guys ahead of him all went to the NFL and even the d linemen they have  returning are projected to do the same from what I gather.

10 minutes ago, Decked said:

Hard to tell if Nelson really did get faster & less stiff over spring or if the OL was that bad mixed with vanilla. We’ll know shortly. If he can be a little more fluid then him & the edge guys will take a big step forward this year. 

No, not really...  His 1st year, he was a kid OLB on the field.  His 2nd year, he was playing Edge position with a high motor.

This year he is going into it with a lot of CFB experience.  He's older, stronger, and wiser.  

It's good..... but it stinks that it takes 2+  years on the field to get to this point.  

But we need him, and I wish him a great, dominating year.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, admo said:

No, not really...  His 1st year, he was a kid OLB on the field.  His 2nd year, he was playing Edge position with a high motor.

This year he is going into it with a lot of CFB experience.  He's older, stronger, and wiser.  

It's good..... but it stinks that it takes 2+  years on the field to get to this point.  

But we need him, and I wish him a great, dominating year.

It would be huge to give him a little boost. He had one move last year. The bull rush/left swim move combo. A little more moves/speed would do him wonders. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Decked said:

It would be huge to give him a little boost. He had one move last year. The bull rush/left swim move combo. A little more moves/speed would do him wonders. 

Omgosh... That was exactly him!  Bull or Swim!  And often not a part of the play, down after down after down. Just attack the 6'6 330lb tackle.  

Great observation 

So yeah, hopefully he can play Edge like a pro (rush at times, but also read how to cover the side on run plays).  That's how you get paid in the league 

13 minutes ago, Decked said:

Also if he has dreams to get to the nfl maybe practice some cover. Bc i would say he is more of a lb instead of de in scouts or pro coaches eyes. But he will play wherever the coaches need him to play. Unselfish player!!!!!

I hope it gets better at safety.  

If you watch the 2nd half of last season, it is brutal.

Myles Farmer might have great hands, but why does he line up 15-17 yards back on 3rd and two...or 3 or 4?  And you see him creeping backwards 3-5 yards before the snap. 

But also, as a safety, a big run will go 20-25 yards down hill before he even comes into the picture with an attempt to tackle at the ankles.

Talk about hidden yardage...

Huskers need to clean that crap up if they are ever going to get better.  Playing safety is a privilege.  This is football, not instagram hype.

Farmer needs to buck up. Period.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, admo said:

I hope it gets better at safety.  

If you watch the 2nd half of last season, it is brutal.

Myles Farmer might have great hands, but why does he line up 15-17 yards back on 3rd and two...or 3 or 4?  And you see him creeping backwards 3-5 yards before the snap. 

But also, as a safety, a big run will go 20-25 yards down hill before he even comes into the picture with an attempt to tackle at the ankles.

Talk about hidden yardage...

Huskers need to clean that crap up if they are ever going to get better.  Playing safety is a privilege.  This is football, not instagram hype.

Farmer needs to buck up. Period.

Or why do they play off the ball when you know they are going to throw a slant play on a crucial play.

I don't know all the ins and out of Chin's defense but I'm sure the safeties don't just have free range of what they do out there.  I still remember getting called out in film for being lined up at 10 yds instead of 12.  I also remember being on the field at my mark 12yds 2 yard outside the hash and hearing fans yell scoot up.  Thanks fan I know where I'm supposed to be and yes I'm aware that down and distance my say run or slant or whatever but you don't know the defense that was called and what the other 10 people on the field are supposed to be doing.  Now once the play starts, its football.  need to take good angles and get to the ball.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1