Thunderin' Bolts at Sam Houston

6 minutes ago, admo said:

2nd bagger can't sprint full speed to an OF spot on the ball without making the play (and others not getting hurt).  Otherwise he gets in the way and there is hesitation.  New guy or vet, they do these drills from HS to college to Pros. 

I think it was just nerves and a bad execution.

Yes it's bad execution, but the 2nd baseman is taught to sprint for the ball in that situation until called off. He has the best angle on the ball. Ideally the RF calls him off, since he's coming in, but who knows what was said in the outfield. Arkansas lost a CWS on a similar play, in game 70-something. This is an example of first-game players getting back into the game and gaining trust with each other. 

Not worried here at all.  We're in the middle of february, first series of the year. 

If you remember the CWS, Vanderbilt easily handled Mississippi State in the first game.  Then MSU destroyed Vandy the next two. 

I like the Huskers today, with jitters out of the way.

1 hour ago, admo said:

Not worried here at all.  We're in the middle of february, first series of the year. 

If you remember the CWS, Vanderbilt easily handled Mississippi State in the first game.  Then MSU destroyed Vandy the next two. 

I like the Huskers today, with jitters out of the way.

If NU wins 3 out of 4, it's a successful weekend. Even 2-2 isn't the end of the world. 

• Plus1 1