B1G Printing Money

Mavric

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Are people really complaining about the cost of a soda, hot dog, and Runza at football games?  I went to a game last October, and I thought the food prices were reasonable.  Of course, I am used to paying higher prices at Denver sporting events.

I base my price point on what my grocery store charges me...long story short, I am always pissed when I have to buy s#!t at a game.

On 2/18/2022 at 10:00 AM, suh_fan93 said:

NBC. 

Notre Dame, the Olympics and Big Ten football :blink:

That just screams Indiana vs Purdue... or Maryland vs Penn State....  Only on NBC.

Who's going to watch that network lineup?  If I'm in the boardroom I'd say WTH is wrong with you?!  Are you trying to make this conference even more super boring with NBC ?!!  Dang, this idea is awful

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

I base my price point on what my grocery store charges me...long story short, I am always pissed when I have to buy s#!t at a game.

I guess it makes sense that you carry it home, cook it, wash the dishes, pick up the wrappers off the floor and pay the disposal of it all at home. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, admo said:

NBC. 

That just screams Indiana vs Purdue... or Maryland vs Penn State....  Only on NBC.

Who's going to watch that network lineup?  If I'm in the boardroom I'd say WTH is wrong with you?!  Are you trying to make this conference even more super boring with NBC ?!!  Dang, this idea is awful

How is having another broadcast partner an awful idea?  I'm sure FOX won't mind partnering with NBC to put games on FOX, FS1, FS2 and BTN.  Is this because you haven't liked NBC giving Notre Dame exclusive rights the past 30 years?

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

I wouldn't have to if they lowered the cost of concessions

Didn't know going to the game was about the concessions. I've been doing it all wrong! How about we have the B1G make out Nebraskas portion of the check to you then you can eat concessions at current prices without worry.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

If thats the case I'd advise you to never eat out anywhere. These terrible resturants and food stands making a profit. How dare they! 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, admo said:

NBC. 

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a s#!t what channel the game is on? Maybe this way, we won't end up with so many Saturday morning or Friday night kickoffs...

• Plus1 7
41 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Didn't know going to the game was about the concessions. I've been doing it all wrong! How about we have the B1G make out Nebraskas portion of the check to you then you can eat concessions at current prices without worry.

No it's about the "experience"  I just don't understand why any of you are getting your nips hard over someone else making money and then when I suggest lowering the price to go to games you throw rocks at me. So far none of you have been able to explain why lowering the price of food at the game is a bad thing. Listen how about you pay for my over priced concessions and then I wont have anything to complain about. Better yet buy everyone in the row drinks and food. 

UNL is not hurting for money they have been trying to build a 150M dollar sports facility for 4 years now. And since they have been dragging their a$$ about doing it, it is going to cost much more than the initial 150M since we now have a 7 percent inflation over the last 9 months.  But you are right the Runza sales are where the big money is at. 

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If thats the case I'd advise you to never eat out anywhere. These terrible resturants and food stands making a profit. How dare they! 

BAHAHAHAA, are you kidding me? So you are comparing restaurants and food stands to University's ?  I forgot how many restaurants get a slice of a 1.1B dollar pie EVERY FREAKING YEAR.  You sir, need to stick a sock in it. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Then don't buy food or drink at games if it pisses you off so much. Problem solved. 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Lol...should have added a "being sarcastic, I realize I will have to pay more than one would expect when buying food and beverages at a sporting event" disclaimer.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Lol...should have added a "being sarcastic, I realize I will have to pay more than one would expect when buying food and beverages at a sporting event" disclaimer.

I’m not sure what’s more worrisome.  The fact that people took your comment seriously.  Or that there are stupid enough people making comments like that frequently enough that people actually could take it as seriously.