B1G Printing Money

Mavric

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

How is having another broadcast partner an awful idea?  I'm sure FOX won't mind partnering with NBC to put games on FOX, FS1, FS2 and BTN.  Is this because you haven't liked NBC giving Notre Dame exclusive rights the past 30 years?

I've always liked Notre Dame having their own exclusive rights.  Caught many many many games.  I personally find the broadcast to be very boring in comparison with the other networks. I would be disappointed if the big jumped on board, but I won't cry about it.  The announcers are or were never my kind of guys - Mike Mayock, Mike Tirico, Flutie, Hines Ward, Chris Simms, etc. 

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a s#!t what channel the game is on? Maybe this way, we won't end up with so many Saturday morning or Friday night kickoffs...

Which is what makes you so awesome Toe chuckleshuffle

Me, I'm opinionated and have some preferences on good and bad s#!t lol.  At the end of the day, it doesn't matter too much.

More television coverage means it’s harder to sell those seats and concessions of course.  It’s really amazing that NU tickets and attendance has lasted this long with all the options for fans to enjoy the games without the in person effort and expense.  Adding more TV options is a net benefit for the financial and PR objectives.  But buts in seats will be more challenging.  Lowering prices can help spur demand and may not be necessarily an indication of a lack of interest or weakening of program support as a result.  

Just as fewer in store shoppers does not mean product demand is slipping if on line or other remote buying is growing faster. 

The important difference is the fans in the stadium can contribute to the goal of actually winning games and the stadium revenues are basically 100% NU money while TV and media revenue is shared by the group (big Ten for example).  NU shares its brand values with its partners.  At least until recent years, NU brand was quite highly valued  relative to most opponents.  Lately, it may be less so.  A pro rata share of a huge and growing pot of $ may well be better than remaining more independent.  That is essentially why NU joined the Big Ten initially and the Big Ten wanted Neb.  And despite the losing seasons and long term mediocrity, that large national fan appeal has had some surprising duration.  How much remains?  That is hard to tell but it must be waning somewhat.  An entire generation of fans don’t remember the teams and national power program of the past.  A serious return to prominence is critical very soon or the brand valuation will be nearly lost altogether. 

Keeping a full stadium is very good PR and brand supportive, so seat reduction with seat enhancement as the obvious reason is a great idea but it must be done wisely and readily apparent to the market.  

Awesome Nebraska elites are getting rich while putting a terrible product on the field we already have up the season tickets, and aren't going to anymore games. Nebraska as one of the 5 worst programs in college football the fans need to stage a walk out at halftime. Let them play in an empty stadium

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
21 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

More television coverage means it’s harder to sell those seats and concessions of course.

It's not "more" television coverage. Every game has been televised for over ten years.

This is just another entity bidding for game rights. This is good for the conference.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
32 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Awesome Nebraska elites are getting rich while putting a terrible product on the field we already have up the season tickets, and aren't going to anymore games. Nebraska as one of the 5 worst programs in college football the fans need to stage a walk out at halftime. Let them play in an empty stadium

This is just it.  People continue to just blindly support this program when they really don't deserve this level of support anymore.  I don't know if that says good things about us or bad.  Probably both.  The administration better not take that for granted however as there is a breaking point to everything. 

1 hour ago, ndobney said:

Thank goodness you still have Huskerboard

10 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

So far none of you have been able to explain why lowering the price of food at the game is a bad thing.

Well, I'd say if vendors lower the prices of food at the games to the same level that you buy that food for at a grocery store (per how you insanely claim you base food purchasing decisions on), they would lose money. I think losing money is a bad thing.

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Well, I'd say if vendors lower the prices of food at the games to the same level that you buy that food for at a grocery store (per how you insanely claim you base food purchasing decisions on), they would lose money. I think losing money is a bad thing.

Wrong poster. He wasn't the one who sarcastically said he gets pissed at the prices compared to grocery store pricing.

I thought our concessions were reasonable compared to what I have paid at concerts etc. If you are worried about ticket prices and a runza or a soda making or breaking you then may I suggest downgrading your seats or hiding a bag of chex mix in an orifice through security. 

It is also important to understand how concession prices come to be. What does Runza charge to bring in the Runzas? What does it cost to pay the folks grabbing your soda and runza and taking your money? After all of these expenses what is the actual profit that UNL sees? They are making bank on the fountain soda, but so is every place that offers it in America. 

On 2/19/2022 at 9:48 PM, UniversalMartin said:

I base my price point on what my grocery store charges me...long story short, I am always pissed when I have to buy s#!t at a game.

LOL....really?  So, if you can make it cheaper at home, you have no desire to buy it.  You must never buy any food anywhere where it's prepared for you and they serve you.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1