McKenzie Milton dumps on NU and OU

chamrocck

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/former-ucf-qb-mckenzie-milton-dumps-on-oklahoma-nebraska-and-the-whole-midwest

Somewhat surprised and disappointed to see this. I always liked the kid and pulled for him. But this comes off as a bad look. Come to the baby bouncy house over college football historic programs. Nah, I don’t think so. If dude could pull off what he did at UCF at NU, OU, or FSU his future would look a lot different.

• Plus1 1

Meh. So a guy who has lived and played in south Florida doesn’t have good things to say about Lincoln or Norman (places he has not lived, maybe never has visited). Comes off a bit whiny but it’s not really much of a story.

I’ve been to Orlando a few times. Nice place to visit but I’d live in Lincoln before there.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Meh. So a guy who has lived and played in south Florida doesn’t have good things to say about Lincoln or Norman (places he has not lived, maybe never has visited). Comes off a bit whiny but it’s not really much of a story.

I’ve been to Orlando a few times. Nice place to visit but I’d live in Lincoln before there.

Lived in Miami and have been to Orlando several times.  I'd take Omaha or Lincoln over either one.  

I mean at this point, Milton is just another guy who played college football back in the day. (Does anyone seriously think he's got a shot at the NFL?) I don't see much reason to give a s#!t what he thinks...

• Plus1 3

Yawn.  a fringe D1 qb who's a has been at this point making immature comments without first hand experience to make said comments.  Hope he enjoys the attention, as soon enough I doubt anyone will ever hear of his name again 

Also, why the hell he reppin orlando so hard- isn't he wilting away in Tallahassee these days?  Great look to be advocating for an area that he isnt even playing for anymore lol

He's not wrong. He actually mentioned Nebraska and Oklahoma's strengths.

“When you have great fan experiences, great experiences on campus, and it’s lucrative, that’s the best recruiting pitch possible,” 

UCF is trying to catch up in that department. He's basically saying if UCF can be competitive in those areas (where we currently lead) it will enhance their advantage. Which is locale. 

Media is trying to twist it as a dig. Its a complement. Everything else we have outweighs our locale. I mean... to get outraged at this is pretty weak. Bring on the cancel culture.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

He's not wrong. He actually mentioned Nebraska and Oklahoma's strengths.

“When you have great fan experiences, great experiences on campus, and it’s lucrative, that’s the best recruiting pitch possible,” 

UCF is trying to catch up in that department. He's basically saying if UCF can be competitive in those areas (where we currently lead) it will enhance their advantage. Which is locale. 

Media is trying to twist it as a dig. Its a complement. Everything else we have outweighs our locale. I mean... to get outraged at this is pretty weak. Bring on the cancel culture.  

I took that a different way... I read his comments as saying UCF has all of those as well and the location of Orlando makes the choice a no brainer