What will the game result be?   

11 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Northwestern single digit win
    • Northwestern double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/23/2022 at 01:14 AM

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The effort this team puts out is pathetic. 

And Fred has called them out for it a few times, I am guessing they are just tuning him out.  I think that Fred is gone and it is probably okay with him too.

The dream coach would be Steve Pikell but they are not getting him, Forbes from Wake Forest would be a great steal.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't think he even wants to be here anymore. Dudes made $30+ mil in his career. He doesn't need the money. I bet if we offer him half his buyout to sneak away to an NBA front office, dude would take it and thank Trev for the parachute off of this burning plane. 

I don't buy that.

But I did hear someone make an interesting point a couple days ago.  He was kind of on the leading edge of the "spread the floor and shoot threes" revolution.  So it might be that his success at Iowa State was largely based on being one of the first to adopt a new style.  Now that most everyone is doing it, it doesn't stand out and everyone else has passed him by.

It kind of makes a lot of sense.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't buy that.

But I did hear someone make an interesting point a couple days ago.  He was kind of on the leading edge of the "spread the floor and shoot threes" revolution.  So it might be that his success at Iowa State was largely based on being one of the first to adopt a new style.  Now that most everyone is doing it, it doesn't stand out and everyone else has passed him by.

You might be right, he's a competitor. Might take every cent of that buyout to get him out of here. Fred is on an island though. He has very little support from the fans, the former players, the state as a whole (pretty much the opposite of Frost). The only reason he's still here is a massive buyout. Either way it seems to be a sure thing he is gone. Morning radio was filled with 'who is gonna be the next coach at Nebraska' it's done. 

21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't buy that.

So many coaches use the analytics now of running dudes off the 3 point line, pack the paint, go over ball screens and let teams shoot 2 pointers.

If they hit 5/10 jump shots, they have 10 points

If you hit 4/10 3's, you have 12 points and the lead.

And those 10-12 footers are not high % shots.

So then you have Fred, his team is not great at shooting 3's AND they let up 3's.  It is like he has it backwards. 

34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't buy that.

That, and everyone is taking the transfer/Juco market seriously, as opposed to his time at Iowa State. 

• Plus1 1

At this point, just don't even bother showing up for the B1G Tourney. Just say the team got COVID or something so we can end this here and now. 

And I'd think Hoiberg would take a reduced buyout at this point. He's not going to get an extension, so good luck getting players here. And every year he puts this s*** show out, he hurts his future potential as a coach or analyst that much more. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Why reduce your buyout?  

I think that is this weird idea that fans think the coach should do because he "failed" but none of us would do it.

no reduced buyout means he can stay and further damage his coaching reputation.    of course at this point his coaching rep is permanently damaged anyway.

22 minutes ago, commando said:

no reduced buyout means he can stay and further damage his coaching reputation.    of course at this point his coaching rep is permanently damaged anyway.

His reputation is not damaged.  Not in the way that some think/hope.

He is super connected in both CBB and the NBA.  

• Plus1 2