Juwan Howard

BigRedBuster

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

I"d like to know what the other assistant who felt it necessary to step in said.  Had Howard not have already been grabbed by Gard whatever the guy said definitely escalated things even further.

So, there's an altercation between the two head coaches.  Someone steps in and just says something and that's valid grounds to hit him?

• Plus1 1

I think in general Michigan fans are embarrassed based on the comments on boards. Last year with the Maryland coach, Juwan’s excuse was that when someone comes at you in the south side of Chicago you go back at them. He seems to have an issue when someone gets in his face were he can't control his anger. There is audio of the exchange, but its hard to hear what the second coach said to him when he ran into the scrum. 

I read that the Big Ten can suspend him for a max of two games and $10K. I suspect Michigan will suspend him longer (maybe for the season) and a couple of the players will be gone for a couple of games too. Maybe even one Wiscy player that came into the scrum hard. Its too bad for the players. Michigan had a chance to make a push to get into the tourney, but with suspended players and a very tough 6 game finish I suspect it won't happen. 

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yes.  Just like Greg Gard who clearly thinks that it's ok to teach your players that it is perfectly o.k. to put your hands on other people.   

Please....

So....just saying something to Juwan is grounds to punch him.

Hmmmm....did Juwan say something to Gregg after the timeout?  If so, I guess that's grounds to put his hands on him.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, two questions.

a). When he called the time out, were their words between the two coaches that lead to this?

b).  Just wondering.  When there's an altercation like this this far after the game, is it the ref's job to break it up?  Or would security need to step in?  I'm assuming refs are off the court.

I've not seen anything about that.  

It looks to me like Howard was just going to blow by Gard without shaking his hand.  And he said something as he was going by.  Gard grabbed his arm to get him to stop so he could say something back.  And it went from there.

56 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yes.  Just like Greg Gard who clearly thinks that it's ok to teach your players that it is perfectly o.k. to put your hands on other people.   

Please....

This happens in basically every post-game handshake in every sport.  

You are going to great lengths to blow that out of proportion.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Some of the audio. Sounds like Juwan fired the first volley. 

Howard says “I’ll remember that sh—“ then Gard says something to which he retorts “Don’t f#&%ing touch me” . I am curious what the assistant coach said, but it doesn’t really make a difference. I see old chub checker Brad Davison rushes in like a tough guy when it’s all over. 

• Thanks 1