***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

13 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Definitely a concern until proven otherwise, but I'm optimistic. These are talented dudes, and they do have some experience. Maybe I'm gullible, but the narrative that Austin ran a passive just get a body on a body style 1) seems to match what I saw on the field, and 2) would also seem to be easier to fix than issues with talent level or guys not fitting the scheme. 

I think so too bc Turner was a top 5 offense tackle coming out of high school so the talent is there just needs someone capable enough to bring out the best of him and the others. 

Probably a little bit of meh play for the OL and the DL is ahead in camp (per usual) with some better pash rushers that we have had in a long time. The interesting thing is how it seems every now and again we would get a guy like a Suh or Gregory but it was only one person. Could be a better team effort this season which is good. 

• Plus1 1

The O line can be much improved over last year. We lost some guys for sure, but lots of playing experience with this group. A couple of nice transfers.  

Can we actually see some off-season development?  I think that’s the key. 

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m guessing a little bit of both. 

RN I tend to lean that the D has more continuity and consistency, perhaps more athletic ability, but the OL still has time to get it together as a unit from 6-8 guys.  Technique in pads takes more time to do it right.  Fall camp seems to be where the rubber meets the road.  Also, OL seems to play better after week 1, and even moreso after week 3.  It takes more time.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, nems said:

The O line can be much improved over last year. We lost some guys for sure, but lots of playing experience with this group. A couple of nice transfers. 

I think it's gonna be a mixed bag with the O-line this year. On one hand, we lost some talent that we don't really have a replacement for, and coaching up the other guys won't happen overnight. On the other hand, I think we'll benefit from a change in philosophy in coaching, especially on run blocking.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Toe said:

I think it's gonna be a mixed bag with the O-line this year. On one hand, we lost some talent that we don't really have a replacement for, and coaching up the other guys won't happen overnight. On the other hand, I think we'll benefit from a change in philosophy in coaching, especially on run blocking.

I hope we've improved in the coaching up/development part of this process.  If we have, this group can be more on the great side of the bag.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Didn't we really only lose a center?  Maybe a left guard who didn't play the whole year

Pretty much.  Nouilli / Boe Wilson (similar things).

I think the OL is a year away still.  I hope not though.

Our most recent best of course, was Brenden Jaimes, Matt Farniok, and Cam Jurgens.  (Jaimes & Farniok signed 4 year NFL contracts in 2021.  Cam is set too).

Teddy, Benhart and Cork can be that good too someday.  It's up to them and Raiola. 

2 minutes ago, admo said:

Pretty much.  Nouilli / Boe Wilson (similar things).

I think the OL is a year away still.  I hope not though.

Our most recent best of course, was Brenden Jaimes, Matt Farniok, and Cam Jurgens.  (Jaimes & Farniok signed 4 year NFL contracts in 2021.  Cam is set too).

Teddy, Benhart and Cork can be that good too someday.  It's up to them and Raiola. 

With the group they have they should be good at least one type of blocking.  Would rather be good at one than mediocre at both

• Plus1 1