***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm starting to feel like we don't have the horses to get it done up front to begin with.  It also looked that group has some S & C issues because I can think of 3 plays off the top of my head where they actually created open running lanes and weren't physically getting stonewalled or getting pushed backward/twisted around. 

Sad thing is I'm not even talking about the piss poor pass protection.  Prochazka looked gassed yesterday as well and he wasn't the only linemen who looked that way.

Not nearly enough good horses anyway. It's a shame too...Everything starts there, how good of lines a team has. Skill players alone don't cut it. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Looks like you can't read. Did it look like Frost stayed in a ceo role? No? Then what exactly did I say that was incorrect?

You went on a rant about anything and everything except the offensive line which this thread is about. It was joke. Maybe relax a bit. Everything's not so serious when it comes to a football team you're not actually a part of or an internet message board

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

FYI that is on the TD pass to Boerkircher.

It almost seems like the plan is for Benhart to just stay in his stance for an extra second the way Hixon comes out to block the DE and Benhart looks inside immediately for someone to pick up instead of chasing the DE.

Which is something we did with Jurgeons a lot last year (though I don't remember if the Tackle stayed in the stance an extra beat last year).

14 minutes ago, Farms said:

He was getting beat what seemed like every other play Saturday. I hope he returns to form quickly or they may have to give Williams a shot. 

Why do you assume that one game versus a terrible NW squad last year and part of the first half against Michigan (in which he graded poorly, think what you will about PFF) is his true form? How is that more likely than this being his true form?

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/pff-snap-counts-and-grades-for-nebraska-s-offensive-vs-michigan

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Why do you assume that one game versus a terrible NW squad last year and part of the first half against Michigan (in which he graded poorly, think what you will about PFF) is his true form? How is that more likely than this being his true form?

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/pff-snap-counts-and-grades-for-nebraska-s-offensive-vs-michigan

I mean ... Michigan had two first-round-worth DEs last year.  Pointing to the second game a true freshman started where he struggled against those guys isn't exactly a harbinger of doom.

• Plus1 3

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... Michigan had two first-round-worth DEs last year.  Pointing to the second game a true freshman started where he struggled against those guys isn't exactly a harbinger of doom.

But maybe struggling mightily against UND is. We don't really have enough data either way, I was just questioning whether limited action in 2021 equates to his true form as suggested.

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

But maybe struggling mightily against UND is. We don't really have enough data either way, I was just questioning whether limited action in 2021 equates to his true form as suggested.

But he didn't really struggle overall.  He's gotten messed up a couple of times when we switch him to the right side in our overload formation but his overall grade per PFF was pretty good.

• Plus1 1

The thing that's really underrated right now is not having Nouili. This again is another data point in my opinion against the "Frost just isn't bringing in talent." He's brought it in, but then some of these guys don't wind up making it through.

Anyway, I still think there's a chance that the offensive line can come together by the time we play Indiana to give us a surprisingly good offensive attack down the stretch of the season. We're talking about some players that were pretty highly rated coming out of high school - but a couple of them are still young.

I'm not panicking about the line just yet at all.

1 minute ago, Undone said:

The thing that's really underrated right now is not having Nouili. This again is another data point in my opinion against the "Frost just isn't bringing in talent." He's brought it in, but then some of these guys don't wind up making it through.

Anyway, I still think there's a chance that the offensive line can come together by the time we play Indiana to give us a surprisingly good offensive attack down the stretch of the season. We're talking about some players that were pretty highly rated coming out of high school - but a couple of them are still young.

I'm not panicking about the line just yet at all.

I thought it was interesting that we went to Lutovsky a decent amount in the second half.  Bando wasn't terrible but I'm curious if he wasn't doing enough to really justify keeping the younger guy on the bench.  Of course, Lutovsky didn't exactly light the world on fire when he got in there either.  And he apparently graded out better pass blocking than run blocking where I would have expected the opposite.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Farms said:

He was getting beat what seemed like every other play Saturday. I hope he returns to form quickly or they may have to give Williams a shot. 

Prochazka isn't fully healthy yet.  He had a very severe knee injury less than a year ago and is being asked to rush back because there really is no one else to play that spot.  I think it's fair to give him a pass on his play so far this season.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1