***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now, what I don't know, because I'm not an O line expert, is there times he's supposed to move to the second level...etc.

Short answer; it depends.

Long answer it depends on the play call, defensive alignment, and how the LBs flow during the play. Easiest is to assume that if the Center is double teaming and a LB flows playside to the center's side of the double team he should scrape off and pick him up. Unless it's some kind of a read off of the LB. But I could be completely wrong because I didn't stay at a holiday inn.

4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I think Lutovsky came in and did some good things for Bando's spot. I'd like to see more of that. Would have liked to see Anthony or Williams at least get a few reps to see what they can do. Benhart misses at times 

Agree about Anthony and Williams.  I thought we would have at least seen Williams some already.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 9/7/2022 at 9:07 PM, suh_fan93 said:

Agree about Anthony and Williams.  I thought we would have at least seen Williams some already.  

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Has anyone heard an update on Teddy?  Was MJ asked about it yesterday?

Williams came in for Teddy on the next to last drive and finished the game. I'm hoping it's a no news is good news deal with Teddy.

9 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Williams came in for Teddy on the next to last drive and finished the game. I'm hoping it's a no news is good news deal with Teddy.

Hope so too.  The kid doesn't need another set back but a broken tibia is the rumor, but hopefully it's just that, a false rumor.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.  He's obviously a good talent that we haven't had for some time.  However, you also don't do this unless the play calling and O line are accomplishing something.  

My opinion is that the run blocking has improved.  However, the pass protection hasn't.

Definitely not saying it hasn’t improved but also keep in mind we’ve faced 3 putrid defensive lines/defenses thus far.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Farms said:

Definitely not saying it hasn’t improved but also keep in mind we’ve faced 3 putrid defensive lines/defenses thus far.

No doubt.  They have to prove it against better teams.

But, I remember discussions about how Raiola was changing the blocking scheme on run plays.  Hopefully, this is the result and we see better results the rest of the year.

23 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.  He's obviously a good talent that we haven't had for some time.  However, you also don't do this unless the play calling and O line are accomplishing something.  

My opinion is that the run blocking has improved.  However, the pass protection hasn't.

wasn't his first carry last week or the week before a loss?  Thought I remembered him getting hit immediately in the backfield and going down.