***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

10 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

If they watched how every former teammate who left last year that could have came back washed out of the NFL (cept Jurgens) they might decide to give it another year. 

Imagine if we had Allen, Daniels and the rest this year.

Or maybe they have been in college for 5 years, are about to be 24 years old, and want to move on with their life?

• Plus1 2

36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Or maybe they have been in college for 5 years, are about to be 24 years old, and want to move on with their life?

I think with NIL money some of these guys will end up regretting the decision to try to jump to the NFL if they are honest.  I'm almost certain they all thought they'd land on and NFL team when they declared and I'd bet at least ten dollars that they all wish they'd be out there with wearing red if they could have a do over. Just like Frost wishes he didn't know what an onside kick was.  The problem is, in life, sometimes there are big kid decisions with no do-overs. You have to be extra careful with those ones.

28 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

I think with NIL money some of these guys will end up regretting the decision to try to jump to the NFL if they are honest.  I'm almost certain they all thought they'd land on and NFL team when they declared and I'd bet at least ten dollars that they all wish they'd be out there with wearing red if they could have a do over. Just like Frost wishes he didn't know what an onside kick was.  The problem is, in life, sometimes there are big kid decisions with no do-overs. You have to be extra careful with those ones.

I haven't followed NIL money much, but just making a practice squad in the NFL is 200k a year, that's a butt ton of money to have in your mid 20s.

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Allen and Stille are on practice squads, Jojo made the Colts 53 man roster to start the year.  Of those 4, only Daniels did not stick with a team.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/nebraska/91303

And whether or not it translates to the NFL, Daniels was a beast in college. I can't fault him for wanting to move on, but I miss him and it sounds like the coaches expected him back.

52 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Allen and Stille are on practice squads, Jojo made the Colts 53 man roster to start the year.  Of those 4, only Daniels did not stick with a team.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/nebraska/91303

And I would think Daniels could get picked up by a squad or have a decent career in another league, or up North.

• Plus1 1
On 9/6/2022 at 12:13 PM, Born N Bled Red said:

I do wonder how much of the poor Oline play is on Hixson. He is supposed to call out blocking schemes and direct traffic on the oline. If he's not doing that part of his job correctly, it would make the play of everyone else on the oline look terrible in return.

I've figured that it's the opposite: he's starting at center because he can make the right calls, despite his lack of abilities on the physical side of things.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Toe said:

I've figured that it's the opposite: he's starting at center because he can make the right calls, despite his lack of abilities on the physical side of things.

I actually just went back and watched all of our offensive snaps to watch Hixson.

The first quarter, I don't think the guy ever blocked anyone.  And, the guy who he appeared to try to block made the tackle a lot.  He was absolutely whiffing a lot.

Then, for the next three quarters, he actually settled down and (from my untrained eye) played fairly well.  I say that meaning, the guy who he attempted to block, very seldom was in on the tackles and, on running plays, he was most of the time, moving his guy away from the ball.  Now, what I don't know, because I'm not an O line expert, is there times he's supposed to move to the second level...etc.

Another thing good is that there have been very very few bad snaps this year.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1