***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, HANC said:

Some of that is coached.  Watch how almost everyone on the oline really doesn't take steps, they all kind of freeze and reach with arm.  There is a lot of technical issues there that the entire line did, not just him.  The major problem would be his lack of recognition of what the defense was trying to accomplish.  Know that the inside guy is covered up and will be bull rushed, unable to help, along with his guy dipping into the gap.  The mental part is much more concerning than the effort.  No one on the line gave much of an effort.

I just saw the clip of the block. Not exactly sure how they coach blocking on PATs now, but you never really step anywhere. You can see they essentially lock legs (outside man's foot behind the inside man's). I was always taught to lean towards the center. Sometimes we'd take a step and plant our foot behind the inside man if we hadn't already lined up that way and essentially hug his hip. Basically everything I was ever taught was the opposite of what 54 did.

I f#&%ing hated blocking on PATS. You have zero leverage, and if your body is a little our of position there's nothing stopping you from getting your s#!t rocked. You're basically just an obstacle to get in the way.

18 minutes ago, admo said:

2023 starting 5  - Nouilli, Prochazka, Benhart, Corcoran, Piper ???

Taking a guess for season opener.  Those are vets and older guys (exception is Teddy)

Or will there be transfer portal guys, and possibly Lutovsky in the mix?

Just wondering...

IF we get as good of coaching staff as we all want, these guys are going to have to completely relearn the position and get a different attitude, or this line is going to be almost completely made up of transfers.  

On 11/12/2022 at 1:59 AM, ZRod said:

I just saw the clip of the block. Not exactly sure how they coach blocking on PATs now, but you never really step anywhere. You can see they essentially lock legs (outside man's foot behind the inside man's). I was always taught to lean towards the center. Sometimes we'd take a step and plant our foot behind the inside man if we hadn't already lined up that way and essentially hug his hip. Basically everything I was ever taught was the opposite of what 54 did.

I f#&%ing hated blocking on PATS. You have zero leverage, and if your body is a little our of position there's nothing stopping you from getting your s#!t rocked. You're basically just an obstacle to get in the way.

That and if your kicker sucked, risked taking a ball to the a$s. Fun times, not.