***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

I’ve felt the O line has been our weakest group for years and needs the most improvement.  But, I also don’t feel our offensive schemes, techniques, and play calling has been helpful either.  Pure, raw talent is only moderate but depth is sorely lacking. We’ve not recruited enough #s and so injuries have put the line at a big disadvantage.  I’m afraid these issues continue.  Yet, it may be somewhat better than many believe with changes.  Can’t get injuries and chances are skin on that one.  

Better get wins early cause 12 games is a long gauntlet for about 7-8 guys to cover 5 spots.  Maybe some guys we’ve never heard about can give us a dozen snaps a game?   

Early on, I think the line will do fairly well and probably NOT be the limiting factor. 

Body type-wise, I just see Corcoran as a tackle. I think the"he could play at all five spots" comments are being made because they're worried about center & guard. 

I think these comments by the staff have as much to do with Nouili being out and Jurgens having left as anything else.

If Nouili was a go and Jurgens was staying would there be talk of Corcoran playing other positions? I really doubt it.

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

Body type-wise, I just see Corcoran as a tackle. I think the"he could play at all five spots" comments are being made because they're worried about center & guard. 

I think these comments by the staff have as much to do with Nouili being out and Jurgens having left as anything else.

If Nouili was a go and Jurgens was staying would there be talk of Corcoran playing other positions? I really doubt it.

There was talk of him moving inside before it was known that Nouili was ineligible - unless they knew about it months before it became public.

I think it's mostly just trying to get the five best players out there.  I'm sure Corcoran could play tackle - it's where he's always played.  But it seems like they think Teddy and Benhart are the two best tackles and they want to still get Corcoran on the field.  Or maybe Corcoran translates better inside than Benhart does.  

Either way, I don't think it's so much they're worried about the IOL as it is they think Corcoran is a better option to have on the field than other IOL options.

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Either way, I don't think it's so much they're worried about the IOL as it is they think Corcoran is a better option to have on the field than other IOL options.

I think you're probably right about the last half of that statement and that's pretty much what I meant also pertaining to Nouili & Jurgens being gone.

It would be a really great story and super encouraging about Raiola's abilities if Benhart comes and just crushes it this season. I agree with you on Prochazka - and more specifically I think he was the most game-ready true freshman linemen this program has recruited in ages.

I don't like making specific, desparraging comments about players on the forum because for one that's just not classy and secondly you never know if this stuff gets back to them...but I'll just say that I guess I'll be surprised if Benhart offers the team significantly more as a starting tackle than Corcoran can.

But the coaches know a hell of a lot more than I do.   :)

5 minutes ago, Farms said:

Did he play some guard in that time and Bando played tackle?

I can't remember for sure how the rotation went.  My recollection is that he started at tackle until Teddy was inserted into the lineup, which was against Northwestern and Michigan (games 6 and 7).  So I don't think he played a lot in those two games, definitely not at tackle.  But after Teddy got hurt, he played tackle the rest of the year.

That seems to jive with Huskers.com saying he started 10 games at RT.

I may be wrong but I think they did more toward the end of the  year to help him out.  More chipping of the end with the TE, slid the RB to his side.  Probably rolled the QB more so he wasn't a sitting duck.  At least that's my recollection once Teddy got hurt and they had to put him back in there.