***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

Yeah I don't remember Benhart playing any Guard. For what it's worth, Games 6/7 (NW/Michigan) are when we started hearing about the Tackles really emphasizing taking away the inside move, and basically just giving up some outside rush. Which lets the QB step up and avoid it, but IMO still leads to more pressure than what I hope to see this year. I think that was the right call, a lot easier to push the defensive player past the QB than it is to recover on an inside move - but ideally, their technique allows them to handle both.

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I may be wrong but I think they did more toward the end of the  year to help him out.  More chipping of the end with the TE, slid the RB to his side.  Probably rolled the QB more so he wasn't a sitting duck.  At least that's my recollection once Teddy got hurt and they had to put him back in there.  

Yeah, I wasn't paying enough attention on the chips and RB blocking. But we did a lot of the half-roll right with Jurgens pulling out to be the farthest outside, which is kind of insane but worked fairly well.

34 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, I wasn't paying enough attention on the chips and RB blocking. But we did a lot of the half-roll right with Jurgens pulling out to be the farthest outside, which is kind of insane but worked fairly well.

He was so good at this. It's no wonder he got an NFL contract, so athletic and explosive.

I think it's kind of being underestimated how much we'll miss Cam, but to balance it out with some optimism there were several linemen last year that were very talented (on paper at least) that were also still just so young.

They're all a year older and with the exception of Teddy because of his injury have all hopefully had a full offseason of weight lifting & conditioning.

I don't care about the comparisons that have been made to the number of four star linemen that Wisconsin gets compared to us or whatever; we have some good on-paper talent in the OL room. The guys just need confidence and they need to get a couple wins under their belt to start playing well.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If Teddy is healthy then it definitely gives this offensive line a hugh boost!!!

A healthy Turner & Teddy would be huge. Don’t think Turner was healthy during any point of last year either. And it showed. 

• Plus1 2

36 minutes ago, Decked said:

A healthy Turner & Teddy would be huge. Don’t think Turner was healthy during any point of last year either. And it showed. 

Yeah, Turner was injured in fall camp and was rushed back in before he was ready because Banks was getting his a$$ handed to him in the first game against Illinois.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

First group out today was said to be Prochazka-Corcoran-Hixon-Bando-Benhart.

Teddy seemed to be full go from what the media could tell.

Obviously it will be hard not to have a drop off at center but assuming that guys get better and don't regress we may be as good or better at every other spot.  

29 minutes ago, Farms said:

Obviously it will be hard not to have a drop off at center but assuming that guys get better and don't regress we may be as good or better at every other spot.  

anyone catch the Sean Callahan video with some of the OL?  Henry Lutovski (sp) looks like a Cam Jurgens clone.  don't know how athletic he is tho.

48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

First group out today was said to be Prochazka-Corcoran-Hixon-Bando-Benhart.

Teddy seemed to be full go from what the media could tell.

Good mix of experience and potential there. Lot of starts. Interested to see the kind of improvements Bando & Hixon have made.