BaseBolt - Huskers vs TCU - 3 game series in Arlington, TX

admo

Huskers have a 3 game series against perennial power TCU this weekend.  Game will be at Globe Life Field, home of the Texas Rangers.  Temp is always 72 degrees with the dome roof closed.

Huskers 1-3 on the early season.  TCU is 2-1.

The Frogs opened the year in Scottsdale, AZ (series) beating San Diego State 5-3, losing to Cal 7-6 in the 9th, and then beating Houston 10-0. 

TCU also plays Stephen F. Austin on Tuesday (2/22) and UTSA on Wednesday (2/23) before the Huskers come to Texas (2/25 thru 2/27).

Huskers have a great young team also, but struggled a bit against Sam Houston in a 4 game road series. 

Huskers look to bounce back, and return to form, ready for the challenge.

Should be a great series

• Plus1 1

This is the first year for TCU under Kirk Saarloos, who took over from Jim Schlossnagle after 18 seasons with the Frogs.  Schlossnagle, who took the Texas A&M HC job (replacing former HC Rob Childress) took TCU to 14 regionals in 18 seasons (17 technically - covid year was cancelled), including 7 super regionals, 5 college world series appearances, and 4 straight trips to Omaha. 

Saarloos, a former pitcher, played for Cal State Fullerton, spent 7 years in the bigs, and was an assistant at TCU from 2013-2021. 

His hiring as the new TCU coach was widely respected among the TCU faithful, and was the obvious choice as the new skipper, to keep the program and tradition rolling in the direction with one goal in mind - Omaha.

KirkSaarloosFeat.jpg

All three games are being streamed on FloBaseball.com (subscription required).

NOTE: If you sign up, be advised it defaults to the annual plan. It shows $12.50 a month but this is signing up for the annual plan. Even if you cancel after the month, it will charge you the full annual plan amount of $150. You have to manually switch it to the monthly plan which is $29.99 to cancel with no re-occurring charges.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Huskball said:

All three games are being streamed on FloBaseball.com (subscription required).

NOTE: If you sign up, be advised it defaults to the annual plan. It shows $12.50 a month but this is signing up for the annual plan. Even if you cancel after the month, it will charge you the full annual plan amount of $150. You have to manually switch it to the monthly plan which is $29.99 to cancel with no re-occurring charges.

Thanks for the heads up; sounds like listening to it on the radio might be the way to go. 

Also, getting 2 this weekend would be fantastic. 

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Thanks for the heads up; sounds like listening to it on the radio might be the way to go. 

Also, getting 2 this weekend would be fantastic. 

I used Flo for husker hoops and it was god awful. Might be better now I guess. I freaking hate where the streaming world is now days. I have an ESPN and BTN subscription through my TV provider. I pay like $20 extra a month for ESPN+ (B12 rights) and BTN+ (B1G rights) you would think I would be able to watch a damn baseball game between the two conferences without shelling out even more money. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I used Flo for husker hoops and it was god awful. Might be better now I guess. I freaking hate where the streaming world is now days. I have an ESPN and BTN subscription through my TV provider. I pay like $20 extra a month for ESPN+ (B12 rights) and BTN+ (B1G rights) you would think I would be able to watch a damn baseball game between the two conferences without shelling out even more money. 

in the old days we would listen to football games on the GASP!!!....radio.    and it didn't cost us anything to do so.   and truth be told....listening to lyle bremser (sp?) was great.  he painted a picture that was higher definition than any tv could ever capture.

15 minutes ago, commando said:

in the old days we would listen to football games on the GASP!!!....radio.    and it didn't cost us anything to do so.   and truth be told....listening to lyle bremser (sp?) was great.  he painted a picture that was higher definition than any tv could ever capture.

Lies. It cost you the price of batteries or electricity.

1 minute ago, commando said:

and you had to know what leaves were safe.    didn't want to grab poison ivy or nettles.   

true story...my grandfather on my fathers side never had indoor plumbing.    those midnight trips to the outhouse on a south dakota winter night could be damn cold.