One Has To Go

One Has To Go  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ribs...maybe steak.

Crab is amazing

Fried Chicken hits two spots...hot and cold.

Steak is amazing but once it is cold, it sort of sucks when you heat it up again.

Ribs are great but you can pretty much BBQ anything and the seasoning or sauce makes it great.

Steak re-heating tip.

Store it in a ziplock bag with some of the juices and all air squeezed out. Gently warm it in the microwave on about power level 3 or 4, no higher. Only slightly less good than original. If you go full power on the microwave, yeah it’ll kind of suck.

Of course this is assuming you didn’t overcook it to begin with…

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, knapplc said:

We had friends over for a rib roast a few years ago. Beautiful medium-rare roast. But one friend likes his beef well done. So I got a cast iron pan scorching hot and we stood around watching him sear the hell out of that steak. It had a nice char on it before he was done. Smelled really good.

He caught a raft of crap for "ruining" that piece of meat, but I didn't really care. I wasn't eating it - it was his dinner. He can have it any way he wants. 

Reminds me. Many years ago I had my boss and his family over for nice big prime ribeyes. I mean they were 20 oz.+. Everybody was good with med rare except his wife wanted well done. I cooked it further than I ever have any steak, a good medium well.  My boss looked at it and said “here, I’ll show you how I do it”, he split/butterflied it and grilled it for another 15 minutes. I was beside myself. Complete waste of a beautiful piece of meat, but she was happy. I would hate steak if that’s how I had to eat it.

Sorry, but I'm all in on crab legs.  I'm a surf n turf dude.  Grew up a fisherman in texas. Catch n cook.  Catch n boil.  Catch n grill.  Over a fire. Love steaks.  Medium rare.  Grilling out doors.  Had many nights of amazing king crab legs from the coast.  Moms fried chicken is amazing yall, but I can go without fried chicken for months and months.  I will take any kind of barbeeque ribs...crab legs n butter....steaks.....I could definitely find a rotation with sides and be super happy.  With my gobbler of course lol

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I like all of  these things, but I would lose crab legs if I had to get rid of one.  I like surf and turf.  I like a little crab with a lot of steak.  To the people that like their steak well done,  to each his own I say. I don't like my steak rare either.  A medium steak with a warm pink middle is good. 

My wife would lose the fried chicken or ribs. She tolerates fried chicken at some sort of get together but would never serve it at home. She hates ribs she thinks they are greasy.  She loves sea food and crab legs are her favorite.  I think you would be amazed at how many crab legs she could put away at an all you can eat place. When we go to one of these places, which are becoming much less common that is all she will eat.  She doesn't want to waste stomach space on other food. 

• Plus1 1
On 2/23/2022 at 1:12 PM, RedDenver said:

I can't believe this is even a debate - it's fried chicken. Fried chicken is good, but there are lots of other ways of preparing chicken that are also good. Not much of a loss to not have chicken fried.

If you lived in the south for even 6 months you'd be singing a different tune my friend :)

5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

If you lived in the south for even 6 months you'd be singing a different tune my friend :)

I've lived in the south. Fried chicken is good, but as I said there's a lot of good ways to make chicken. Losing all steaks, ribs, or crab legs is a much bigger loss.