What will the game result be?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Wisconsin single digit win
    • Wisconsin double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/2022 at 08:01 PM

Earlier this week, Sam McKewon said on the Pick 6 Podcast that beating Wisconsin would be easier than other teams in the Big Ten.  Yes, they are at the top of the league standings, but they aren't a great team.  They are a well-coached, disciplined team, but not as talented as other teams in the conference.  Throw in their style of play, and that allows lesser teams like Nebraska to hang around.  As @teachercd mentioned, they have won a lot of close games this year, but eventually the luck runs out.

Reading Gards comment on Trey's flagrant I am hoping he is not implying it was intentionally dirty. It is clear that Davis actually buckled his knee before contact AND Trey appears to let up once he realizes his arm is coming down on Davis face. Full disclosure, iam only seeing the shot they have on ESPN...but, from that it did not appear to warrant a ambiguous assumption from Gard.

16 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Reading Gards comment on Trey's flagrant I am hoping he is not implying it was intentionally dirty. It is clear that Davis actually buckled his knee before contact AND Trey appears to let up once he realizes his arm is coming down on Davis face. Full disclosure, iam only seeing the shot they have on ESPN...but, from that it did not appear to warrant a ambiguous assumption from Gard.

There is a reason Gard is not very well liked in many parts of the conference. Hell, several on his own team last year didn’t like him. 

His “make the necessary phone calls” comment is laughable. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess he will not mention the foul discrepancies or poor officiating throughout the game (season) which was in his favor. Play should’ve stopped at the whistle, but the continuation resulted in his player hurting his foot. Trey got ejected so I’m not exactly sure what he hopes would happen with his useless phone call to the league. 

14 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

There is a reason Gard is not very well liked in many parts of the conference. Hell, several on his own team last year didn’t like him. 

His “make the necessary phone calls” comment is laughable. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess he will not mention the foul discrepancies or poor officiating throughout the game (season) which was in his favor. Play should’ve stopped at the whistle, but the continuation resulted in his player hurting his foot. Trey got ejected so I’m not exactly sure what he hopes would happen with his useless phone call to the league. 

Ahh, so it was his ankle, honestly I thought his knee took a weird buckle...but regardless, the foul in itself was rightfully "flagrant" by the definition that is used to determine it,, but no way near intentionally dangerous with pre determined intent, which Gards comment makes one think he is thinking.

So basically, "Get the f#&% outta here with that garbage" Gard.

• Oh Yeah! 1

The refs put Trey in a terrible position on that play. He must have barely clipped the Wisconsin player's foot and the ref didn't blow the whistle until he lost his balance; they had each gone like 25 feet after the trip (not totally sure he actually clipped him I need to see the play again) and he began to take off for the layup. Trey and the Wisconsin player both kind of let up mid jump and clearly got him in the face when he brought his arms down instead of going for what would be a block attempt. I doubt it was intentional, but it was a hard hit that caught his face.