Spring Practice Pressers

Mavric

I took a class in a "remote ready" classroom back in college where there were both in-class and remote students. The room was equipped with mics dangling from the ceiling so that the remote students could hear questions being asked by the students in the classroom. It worked fine - and that was 20 years ago.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

5 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Love the comment on Yant.  Mateaki Helu also mentioned him on his visit:

"They had a 7-on-7 session and a full-pad scrimmage today and they were going at it. Butting heads and everything. I didn't catch his name, but one player who stood out was No. 0 (Jaquez Yant). I saw him running the ball and he's a big guy! He was moving pretty fast for his size. He was like 235 and I didn't know someone that big could move that fast!"

• Fire 1
9 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Honestly, Manning looked really good before he even got to Nebraska, but to date has only been okay-ish, when he's even playing. Here's hoping he actually lives up to the hype at some point...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

All the pressers by players have been pretty interesting and the QBs did very well imo.  Each had their opportunities and handled themselves quite smartly.  Mature. Confident.  Responsible.  Respectful.  All seem well adjusted.  None give the impression they couldn’t lead a team successfully. Confident without undue bravado or cockiness.  The QB room looks well stocked and the battle for PT and position rank will be interesting.  Nice problem to have for Whip-Frost.  

Now, the real question is which one can do the best job ?   Whip wants to throw, just like Frost tried. But he seems to indicate a different play mix with a more diverse run scheme, maybe more play action and even some 2 Backs and QB under center, ‘pro- style’ looks.  Sounds like some option still in the plans, too.  QBs will still run as circumstances indicate. Maybe a more organized QB scramble / pocket movement as well.  

I’m kinda thinking Whip is gonna take Frost’s schemes and ideas and sort of tweak or fix then to be less predictable and more balanced in terms of making defenses defend more honestly.  He also seems to want to give RBs more room and time to read and go.  More designed runs.  Idk. Maybe I’m reading too much of my wants into it but I’m very encouraged by what I hear.  

• Fire 1
14 hours ago, Toe said:

Honestly, Manning looked really good before he even got to Nebraska, but to date has only been okay-ish, when he's even playing. Here's hoping he actually lives up to the hype at some point...

He has looked okay-ish due to the play calling and offense Frosty calls. Put Manning on the field in a halfway successful passing offense scheme and I bet hes impressive. I think Omar is going to have  Year like Pitts leading WR this past season.. Maybe not the same but it will be a good one.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...