Ireland game being moved to vegas?

This started going around about a week ago. From what I've heard, it sounds like it's at least been considered. Supposedly it's Northwestern that holds the cards here, since it's a 'home' game for them. Soldier Field has been tossed around as an option as well.

21 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Why are you quick to grab on to an unsubstantiated rumor over a longtime established media member?

I have no clue if the rumor is true or not. 

Callahan/HOL have been the #1 promoter of the Ireland game among Husker media.  Callahan went to Ireland in December as a promotional trip, they have a "Countdown to Dublin" article series, and have ticket links on their site.  All signs point to him/HOL getting some cash from the Irish promoters, and it wouldn't surprise me if he/HOL are getting a cut of Nebraska tickets purchased.

So him squashing these rumors benefits the pockets of him/his employer.  If someone from the OWH/LJS came out and said there is no truth to the Vegas rumor it would carry more weight. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

If I am Frost, I would be 100% working on trying to get this game moved back stateside.  Him/Trev/Ronnie need to be calling NW admins every day and mentioning the next Covid variant and the Russia/Ukraine/NATO situation.

He needs to beat NW to keep his job.  The trip to Ireland just adds added distractions that he, the new staff, and the players do not need.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If I am Frost, I would be 100% working on trying to get this game moved back stateside.  He needs to beat NW to keep his job.  The trip to Ireland just adds added distractions that he, the new staff, and the players do not need.

They’ve already rescheduled this trip once. No Covid excuse at this point so likely some cancellations costs to just backing out because Frost thinks it’s easier to win in Illinois or Vegas or ??   Lots of fans already booked trips etc.  one can question the benefit of a game in Ireland at any time but if they wanted out, that could have happened long ago, presumably.