Ireland game being moved to vegas?

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Well, we play in Iowa every other year, that is sort of like being in another country...a really bad one.

I was thinking about making that joke about Texas, but too many Huskerboarderians live there and I didn't want to dunk on them. Iowa was my second choice, but @BIGREDIOWAN and a few others wouldn't have liked it. 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, it's not just the travel for the Northwestern game.  They have a game the next week.  How tired are they going to be after another 10 hour flight back home and how is that going to affect their prep for the next game?

We play North Dakota the following week.  We should be able to play them the next day and throttle them and if not, we should just pack it up and call it a season.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Farms said:

We play North Dakota the following week.  We should be able to play them the next day and throttle them and if not, we should just pack it up and call it a season.

They've won a national championship more recently than we have.

As Tom Osborne would say, they're a pretty good ball club. We're going to have to play smart and work hard in this one.

2 hours ago, Farms said:

I believe they gave upset some decent P5 teams recently.  After winning only 3 games last year, nobody can be taken lightly. 

Ireland would be awesome, but I'd watch it in Vegas.  I was planning to go to Vegas each weekend during the first four weeks of the college football season last year, and looking again at this year, for some college football action. chuckleshuffle  I've been monitoring the cost of flights.  Fuel has been incredibly high since March 2021 (when I paused a second to monitor the fuel situation), and it's been increasing every month like crazy for a solid year.  Would be paying 3X as much as normal.  It's crazy.  So my plans to Vegas will be on hold again this year as well, unfortunately

On 3/10/2022 at 4:10 PM, Red Five said:

They were the 2001 NCAA Division II Champs.  So they have won a national championship more recently than we have.  They've also made the FCS playoffs 2 of the last 3 years.

They are a long ways from a ndsu or even an SDSU team

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1