Nebraska signs 12-year multimedia deal with JMI

Fixing a Moos Mistake.

NU, JMI Sports agree to 12-year multimedia rights deal worth up to $215 million

Nebraska athletic director Trev Alberts confirmed on Monday that the athletic department has agreed to a long-term multi-media rights deal with JMI Sports. 

The deal, which begins July 1, puts NU back with a third-party vendor for athletics media operations after the school spent the past year running its media rights in-house. 

The finalized deal must be approved by the NU Board of Regents in April. 

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed, but Journal Star sources said it is a 12-year agreement worth up to $215 million overall, nearly $18 million per year. 

“Nebraska Athletics moved our multi-media rights and radio network operation in-house last year, and the venture has been successful due to the hard work and dedication of our Huskers Athletics Partners and Huskers Radio Network teams," Alberts said in statement to the Journal Star. "The decision to keep our multi-media rights in-house allowed for the opportunity to thoughtfully evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of an internal program while multimedia rights companies reset themselves for a post-pandemic marketplace.

"After thoughtful consideration and feedback, we believe the best model is for Husker Athletics to return its MMR rights to an industry expert. We are proposing to enter into a contract with JMI Sports LLC for a long-term MMR agreement, beginning on July 1, 2022. We have reviewed the proposed agreement with the Board of Regents’ Business and Finance Committee and the item will go before the full Board for consideration in April.

• Oh Yeah! 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....I know it's probably just me and it's a strange thing to complain about.  But, that always irritated me.

Yea, I'm just making note of how they said it at least 3 times during every commercial break. 

• Plus1 1