Thunderin' Bolts at Omaha

15 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Chick, Matthews and Anderson swinging the sticks like this a month ago woulda been nice - but better late than never!

I find myself asking why and the only answer I can offer is focus. Max and Bryce (the leading error maker) have zero excuses for the shameful display of play in the first half of the season. What it shows is lack of care. They simply weren't wanting to perform and weren't trying to better the team. It's warmer now and I guess they've decided that baseball is fun again. I'm so frustrated with this elitist attitude of our men's programs.

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

I find myself asking why and the only answer I can offer is focus. Max and Bryce (the leading error maker) have zero excuses for the shameful display of play in the first half of the season. What it shows is lack of care. They simply weren't wanting to perform and weren't trying to better the team. It's warmer now and I guess they've decided that baseball is fun again. I'm so frustrated with this elitist attitude of our men's programs.

Its actually much more likely lack of outdoor practice opportunities. Hard as hell to get pitches recognized and timed up w/o a field to do it on. Huskers always start slow.. Northern teams always start slow. Ya, this year was slower for the boys but it was more to do with lack of pitching experience not being able to control thing while the boys found their plate mojo. 

1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

Ya, this year was slower for the boys but it was more to do with lack of pitching experience not being able to control thing while the boys found their plate mojo. 

Hard disagree. We've been in the bottom third of the B1G hitting and fielding all season. We've been top 4 in the B1G in ERA the entire season (We're the only team in the top 6 under .500 in conf/overall). 

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Its actually much more likely lack of outdoor practice opportunities. Hard as hell to get pitches recognized and timed up w/o a field to do it on. Huskers always start slow.. Northern teams always start slow. Ya, this year was slower for the boys but it was more to do with lack of pitching experience not being able to control thing while the boys found their plate mojo. 

do they not have a facility they can do live hitting in? you dont need an entire field to take live pitching indoors. simulated games exist for a reason.

3 minutes ago, desertshox said:

do they not have a facility they can do live hitting in? you dont need an entire field to take live pitching indoors. simulated games exist for a reason.

While my theory as to our hitting vs pitching has been shown to be inaccurate, I will stand by my conviction that indoor practice is a very poor substitute for the experience on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

While my theory as to our hitting vs pitching has been shown to be inaccurate, I will stand by my conviction that indoor practice is a very poor substitute for the experience on the field. 

indoor hitting helps immensely. hard to do live fielding. but hitting and pitching they should be able to do indoors. just be an adjustment period with hitting indoors versus outdoors. not sure how the batting eye would be recreated indoors for an outside venue.