2022 NCAA Tournament

Mavric

May we have the St Peters coach here at Nebraska. In his interview he mentioned that games are easy but practice is much harder. He takes no name kids and makes them a real team that plays as one. So refreshing to see. It's easy to pull for them. What other coach could take Barney Fife's grandson and make him a three point shooter?

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

May we have the St Peters coach here at Nebraska. In his interview he mentioned that games are easy but practice is much harder. He takes no name kids and makes them a real team that plays as one. So refreshing to see. It's easy to pull for them. What other coach could take Barney Fife's grandson and make him a three point shooter?

He's probably landing at Seton Hall, their coach is going to Maryland. Holloway played at Hall and was an assistant there for like 10 years.

• Plus1 1

The GU vs Memphis game was ridiculously good last night.

The amount of grief they (GU) gets from some cbb fans is hilarious, the "they don't play anyone and are awarded a good seed" is hilarious to me. I concede that if they played in a P5 conference their record would not generally be as good as it is...instead of 30-3ish they could be a 27-6 or 26-7 but just by conf rank they would still be in lone for a 1 or 2 seed. The other narrative that some people still think is something is that they don't get prepared for the tourney and flake out early (Kentucky fans especially puke this)..7 straight sweet 16's and o believe the last time they did not make it out the 1st round was 08 or something like that.

GO ZAGS!!!!

• Haha 1

I saw a comment from an analyst implying that the reason this tournament has been so good and crazy with upsets and lower seeds knocking off higher seeds is because of super seniors.  The idea was that the lower seeded teams were able to keep talent and equalize the roster to higher seeded teams.

It would be interesting to see someone analyze this more.

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I saw a comment from an analyst implying that the reason this tournament has been so good and crazy with upsets and lower seeds knocking off higher seeds is because of super seniors.  The idea was that the lower seeded teams were able to keep talent and equalize the roster to higher seeded teams.

It would be interesting to see someone analyze this more.

I don't know about that.  Could be.

For whatever reason, the 6-seeds were pretty week while the 11-seeds were relatively strong.  People were saying that before they even started playing games.  Three 11-seeds won which makes the upset numbers go up.

Other than that, I'm not sure it's all that out-of-the-ordinary.  The top four seeds are still around in the West.  The South has 1-2-5 plus a talented Michigan team that got seeded lower due to a poor record.  Maybe a little more in the other two regions but Baylor was probably over-seeded considering they were missing some guys.  Kentucky and Auburn were expected to go farther but the SEC didn't have a good tournament at all.

The Iowa-Creighton womens game was intense and fun to watch.  The Iowa coach complained about the lack of fouls called after the game which made me lol.  Lauren Jansen the transfer from Iowa went off in the 4th also hitting the huge 3 that put Creighton up by 1 with 12 secs left.  10 seed Creighton takes out 2 seed Iowa.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I came down with a wicked illness last Friday, had me quarantined in the basement/man cave all weekend. Man, did I watch a ton of basketball. Gotta love March Madness, I watch games that I wouldn't normally give a crap about. If only TCU would have pulled it off...

Yeah, a questionable no-call at the end of reg.  My initial reaction was a common foul on the play.  But, Arizona keeps the brackets going.  But still, a fun, great game in general.

• Plus1 1